• ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Anybody watch it? Did you see the "child mass shooter?"

I don't know how I feel about this yet. Hope I don't have to swear this show off. I've liked it so far.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I like it a lot more than Breaking Bad or the Walking Dead but I've only seen about 10 episodes of Sons of Anarchy. Not really a very big fan of the show but it is alright.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had trouble figuring out why that was necessary. It seem like as they tracked him through the show, they could have made him some kind of drug mule, but a mass shooter? Why?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The show is a joke anyway. The storylines have been increasingly ridiculous since the start, the writers don't care enough to write believeable dialogue, and the decent actors who do come on the show are made to look ridiculous by the previous two issues. Additionally, showrunner Kurt Sutter is a giant baby who spends his time throwing tantrums when people point out what a piece of garbage his team turns out.

It has been successful in convincing fools to buy fake rockers and make their own pseudo-1% colors to wear when riding their Harley Davidson© motorcycles on warm, sunny Saturday afternoons, so I guess there's a certain level of entertainment to be had there.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I had trouble figuring out why that was necessary. It seem like as they tracked him through the show, they could have made him some kind of drug mule, but a mass shooter? Why?
    Exactly. I can understand "why" in terms of the show. It makes sense to setup a precursor for the group to get out of gun running, but they couldn't come up with another way to do that? They had to play on some of the worst recent tragedies to accomplish it?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I think I just realized what I don't like about it. While it is controversial (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a tv show), this particular event, if it goes in the direction it seems to be, can (will) be used by the anti gun community to perpetuate their tactics of emotional assimilation.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you guys are right, would they really want that message in the hands of criminals? I mean, do they really believe that television criminals pretending to get a conscious will cause the real criminal element to have a change of heart?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I JUST finished episode 1 season 1 on netflix.

I liked it, but after reading some comments here, I'm unsure to continue watching...

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    The show is a joke anyway. The storylines have been increasingly ridiculous since the start, the writers don't care enough to write believeable dialogue, and the decent actors who do come on the show are made to look ridiculous by the previous two issues. Additionally, showrunner Kurt Sutter is a giant baby who spends his time throwing tantrums when people point out what a piece of garbage his team turns out.

It has been successful in convincing fools to buy fake rockers and make their own pseudo-1% colors to wear when riding their Harley Davidson© motorcycles on warm, sunny Saturday afternoons, so I guess there's a certain level of entertainment to be had there.

You just described me and a few other guys who have bikes, to a 'T', except for the 1% rocker part. Just wish I had the time to ride more often.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Killing off Opie was a bad idea...start of the end.
    Agreed. I omitted his name for those who haven't seen it yet though ;)

Of course, it's my understanding from a friend of mine who is a HUGE Hollywood buff that they are only planning to get 2 more seasons out of the show. Time will tell, but if it's true that tells me that more things are going to decline the show coming up. :dunno:

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Killing off Opie was a bad idea...start of the end.

Wife was close to boycotting the series after this event....but I hate to admit we are addicted and we do love the series. Coming from a couple gun wielding, SPORT BIKE riders...still a good show to me

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Isn't it weird how shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Dexter can get you pulling for the bad guys to win?

People naturally have a desire for justice to be served. They need not rely on the government to apply that since often it is corrupted to a point where justice is not ADEQUATELY served in most people's eyes. There is a bit of a "vigilante" mindset in EVERYONE. It's simply a matter of their individual moral interpretation as to what the "greater good" is in balance with society's laws. Hence, shows like this really speak to people's primal instinct.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like the show. It's just a soap oprea like Dallas, The Sopranos, etc. But I like it...maybe it's because it's sort of like a mob movie/series and those are among my favorites.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet but I hope it's not some sort of PC hommage. I remember the change in 24 after it went all PC. When Jack would leave a trail of dead bodies in his wake was when that show was at its best.

Last edited:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    The point of that event was to bring heat to the club that wont go away. They are going to trace that KG-9 back to them.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I watched it last night and seen that too. I don't understand why they had to put that in the show. I'm sure they'll tie it together later since it was Nero's entourage but still, I think they could have done without that. Probably could have left out Otto getting raped too, little weird IMHO.

Top Bottom