• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    My 9 year old son just bought his first gun. He saved money for about a year to make the purchase. All he wanted was a rifle 'to start with'. We found a used Savage MK2, used at Highsmith Guns in Greenfield. He emptied his bank, and took an envelope of bills and coins yesterday to buy his gun. The staff at Highsmith treated him like their favorite customer. Threw in 2 boxes of .22 LR to go with it. After getting our chores done, went to our friends farm to try it out. Sweet little shooter, and you wouldn't believe how quick a 9'year old can run through a box of ammo, even in a single shot!View attachment 39907
    View attachment 39908
    Not to be outdone, I couldn't help myself, and bought a new Hi-Point .40 carbine. My son got to try it out too, and his face tells you what he thought of itView attachment 39909
    Specielmthanks to Shane and the staff at Highsmith Guns in Greenfield. Great people to deal with.:yesway::yesway:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Well done Sir. The fact that he saved for it is a huge statement in its self. You have done a great job teaching him that working towards a goal is how to do it. He will be very successful in life.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Great story and a Happy boy. When my son's were children, I purchased their first guns for each, some wanted 22's some shotguns. I think they all have these firearms some 30 years later!

DanoFortWayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Its a good start, my sons first gun was a 10/22, then a savage bolt action .22 then a Remington pump 20 then a Mossberg 930 to try out trap shooting, then a Remington over under and now a FN SC1 over under.

If you have a trap and skeet range nearby let your kid give it a try, we started with 4h using 20 ga now he shot in Sparta at the Nationals just a year later and its a very fun shooting sport.

Tdockins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    Crawfordsville
    That is awesome. I remember getting my first gun from my father. I was 9 or 10. It was a Stevens Favorite 22LR. Still have it 34 years later and have no plans on ever getting rid of it. This is how memories are made.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    That is so cool. I still have my first gun, a Marlin Glenfield 25 that my Dad bought me for Christmas in 1971. Of all the guns that I own / have owned it's the ONLY one that's not for sale. Dad passed on in 1998 and if I have my way I'll be buried with it!

Top Bottom