• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    But there is clear evidence that "No Guns Allowed" signs don't deter crime. :):

No, but the signs might make many of their customers more comfortable. It is a business decision. Believe it or not boys (and girls) Most people are not comfortable with open carry. The calculation is that the business lost from those who think that their rights are being attacked will be less than that of the folks who may shy away because the joint has a reputation for being a gathering place for the well armed. If those of us who support the individuals right to keep and bear arms don't learn to cohabitate with the Vast Majority, we won't be welcome anywhere.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, but the signs might make many of their customers more comfortable. It is a business decision. Believe it or not boys (and girls) Most people are not comfortable with open carry. The calculation is that the business lost from those who think that their rights are being attacked will be less than that of the folks who may shy away because the joint has a reputation for being a gathering place for the well armed. If those of us who support the individuals right to keep and bear arms don't learn to cohabitate with the Vast Majority, we won't be welcome anywhere.
    Not debating the kowtowing a business owner chooses to do to whom.

However, I reject your premise that "cohabitation" necessarily means living my life so that others aren't scared ****less.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Not debating the kowtowing a business owner chooses to do to whom.

However, I reject your premise that "cohabitation" necessarily means living my life so that others aren't scared ****less.

I kinda think of it as being polite. Sort of like we were taught in the military that we are ambassadors of our Country when we were out among the locals.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I kinda think of it as being polite. Sort of like we were taught in the military that we are ambassadors of our Country when we were out among the locals.
    When the very act of me OCing is considered impolite, I will not give an ounce of credibility to the thought of "behaving" to make others more comfortable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Haven't noticed any customers leaving when I walk in.
    Haven't noticed any of the business I frequent going bankrupt from droves of customers leaving.

Top Bottom