• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I was in Applied Ballistics last weekend. Great range, and the accessories are reasonable, but not a good place to buy a gun. They had a USED Diamondback .380 for $375. That gun normally sells NEW for $300-$350.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    What you guys wouldn't jump all over that!? I feel like the kind of Glock he could get for that would have to be a gen 1 with 100,000 rounds thru it (and never cleaned). Or maybe a Glock assembeled from broken/worn out parts? I do enjoy finding such requests on there. I group those in with all the WTB ads that have stupid low prices the person is "willing to pay"

ARMSLIST - Want To Buy: Wanting to buy an AR-
    How about this guy ^ wanting to buy a complete AR for 500... Once again whats he expecting? A gun assemebled from broken out of spec parts or what?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    What you guys wouldn't jump all over that!? I feel like the kind of Glock he could get for that would have to be a gen 1 with 100,000 rounds thru it (and never cleaned). Or maybe a Glock assembeled from broken/worn out parts? I do enjoy finding such requests on there. I group those in with all the WTB ads that have stupid low prices the person is "willing to pay"

ARMSLIST - Want To Buy: Wanting to buy an AR-
    How about this guy ^ wanting to buy a complete AR for 500... Once again whats he expecting? A gun assemebled from broken out of spec parts or what?

The WTB post isn't unrealistic this time of year. There's alot of people who get in over there head durimg Christmas and will unload stuff dirt cheap once they realize what they have done. I get alot of deals from guys at work.

I passed on a deal just the other day so my buddy could have it. S&W 9 mm with only 50 rounds through it, 2 extra magazines and 600 rounds for $250.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    HA! You think that's bad? I posted an ad for a gun the wife thought needed to go on another website a few months ago. There was no way I was parting with this one. I wrote the ad in a way that it would take some seriously overpaying/trading. Most of the people understood my point and chuckled. One person however contacted me several times wanting to trade. Even sent me pics.

Some people just want what they have their minds set on. Personally, I could have come out on top quite a bit with the trade, but I couldn't bring myself to it.

I understand starting a bit high to leave negotiation room, but let's keep it close.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    The WTB post isn't unrealistic this time of year. There's alot of people who get in over there head durimg Christmas and will unload stuff dirt cheap once they realize what they have done. I get alot of deals from guys at work.

I passed on a deal just the other day so my buddy could have it. S&W 9 mm with only 50 rounds through it, 2 extra magazines and 600 rounds for $250.

Don't see many of those "work" deals on Armslist. Whens the last 500 dollar AR you saw on Armslist?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Don't see many of those "work" deals on Armslist. Whens the last 500 dollar AR you saw on Armslist?

Never. I don't use Armslist. Most of my deals are through word of mouth, with exception of a few on here. There's alot of people who own firearms but don't realize they retain there value and will part with them for a fraction of there cost.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Never. I don't use Armslist. Most of my deals are through word of mouth, with exception of a few on here. There's alot of people who own firearms but don't realize they retain there value and will part with them for a fraction of there cost.

The OP and my post were talking about WTB ads on Armslist. But sure out there in the real world, super deals can be had. But nowadays when I see somebody posting an ad for "WTB a complete AR-15 style weapon for 500 bucks." Seems laughable to me.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Lots of bad deals on there. There's people selling 92fs's for more than they cost brand new ($700 for a gun that sells for $600 brand spankin' new).

Heck, there's someone on here that has a xdm listed as "bought new for $950+" and it wasn't the competition model. You can get them for $509 brand new.....

It's like they think people can't use google, and then they get all offended when they figure out they're being ridiculous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lots of bad deals on there. There's people selling 92fs's for more than they cost brand new ($700 for a gun that sells for $600 brand spankin' new).

Heck, there's someone on here that has a xdm listed as "bought new for $950+" and it wasn't the competition model. You can get them for $509 brand new.....

It's like they think people can't use google, and then they get all offended when they figure out they're being ridiculous.

There have been a few in the classifieds that are a bit out in the weeds with prices. Guns that can be had NIB for the same or less than posted here.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    There have been a few in the classifieds that are a bit out in the weeds with prices. Guns that can be had NIB for the same or less than posted here.

I really don't understand it.....whenever I'm selling, I know what they go for on ctd, buds, etc... And I sell for a bit less than that if it's in very nice condition.

Do these people just never sell their gun? I just don't get who is buying them for more than they can get them at a store.

Maybe it's people buying them that wouldn't pass a background check???

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    he may trade you for his .380 that shoots 38 shorts?! :n00b:

.38 Shorts??? You ain't fired '.38 Shorts' until you've fired .38 S&W. I've got a Enfield Revolver Number 2 Mark I** Tank Commander model that won't even knock down steel pistol targets. After shooting a box of .38 S&W, I decided that if I were a British Tank Commander packing one of these revolvers...I'D STAY IN THE TANK!

Top Bottom