• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    If I lived out in the country, I think I'd leave a handful of spent shotgun shells scattered around the porch and some obliterated targets strategically positioned near the entry points to the property. This would be along with more conventional preps of course. If any BGs did case the place, the recorded video could be very entertaining.

...and install some fake support posts impaled with 00 buckshot with the entry angle coming from the front door. ...oh, and maybe a few splatters of dried blood stains or something.

Then again, if the cops ever came to your house, you might have some 'splainin' to do! :D

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    After we were burglarized during the summer of '09, I never answer the door without a gun in hand. Unless you're the pizza man, related or my girlfriend don't expect to be greeted without a gun in hand. :)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    i live on a middle of no where road with a couple spread out farm houses. both my vehicles are parked out of sight back by the barn. at about 9:30 i heard a knock on my front door, i open it slightly to find some strange looking kid ( tattoos on his neck and dressed like a thug)asking for directions to the next town over. he seemed real figity and was finishing my sentences as i was telling when and where to turn. i somehow dont think he needed directions at all. i think maybe he just wanted to see if anyone was home like he was looking for an easy target.

That's typically what the burglars around here do. They'll knock on the front door of a house they think is empty just to be sure it is before they break in. If the guy was finishing your directions making it pretty obious he already knew how to get to the next town, I'd say your house was about to get burglarized.

Look in your local paper to see if any houses in your area were burglarized the same night. If so, you may actually have a decent descrition of one of the burglars. It also may not hurt to call the local cop shop and tell them what happened. They may blow you off, but if your area is getting hit like ours they'll want all the help they can get.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    If so, you may actually have a decent descrition of one of the burglars. It also may not hurt to call the local cop shop and tell them what happened. they'll want all the help they can get.

+1 for this for sure and IF this person is known, neck tattoo is not that common, the cops probably already know him. I would probably answer gun in hand and tell them what happened to the last prick that tried robbing me, all the while smiling at him with an obvious grin.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Gun in one hand, camera in the other. Set the camera to remove redeye and snap away. The flash will blind him and you can tell him if anybody in the area has stuff missing the police will get his mug shot.

I know I'm missing something here.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Every time I hear a story like that, I want to install some sort of a deadbolt that prevents the door from being opened more than two inches until it's manually retracted. Kind of like the old security chain, but something that will actually stand up to a kick from an home invader.

Welcome to No Kick Ins - Total Door Security

There are videos on youtube and a few other companies with better websites. This idea is legit.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Gun in one hand, camera in the other. Set the camera to remove redeye and snap away. The flash will blind him and you can tell him if anybody in the area has stuff missing the police will get his mug shot.

I've wondered about using one of those lipstick cameras (like they use for action helmet cams or televised poker games) combined with a tactical light. I wonder if anyone makes such a thing? If not, and there are any tactical light manufacturers reading, you might consider it :o)

If you didn't shoot, you'd get not only a photo of the intruder, but a video of the intrusion. If you did have to shoot, you'd have proof of a justifiable shooting (or...ummm.. the alternative I suppose, depending upon the situation.)

Just thinkin' out loud... carry on :)

Edited to add:

Hmmm...

Here's something along those lines, but it doesn't look mountable and may be too big.
    MII Flashcam - Tactical Flashlight with built in Video Recorder, night vision, monitor, and recharges on a docking station! from Northland Security Products

Seems like maybe this would be relatively easy to fit on a mounting rail:
    LED Flashlight Camera Recorder w/ USB Port w/ 2GB Mini SD Card

Actually-- it looks like someone did just that on an airsoft rifle! I guess this one is a little big for a pistol.

SAM_0825-Large.jpg

Flashlight gun camera review | henryranch.net

Anyway... seems like a good idea to me but what do I know?

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom