Something for the INGO vampires to think about tonite.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Was just sitting here at work thinking about which John Wayne movie I'm going to watch in the morning when I get home, when me and a coworker started debating who's firearm was more iconic, Wayne's Winchester model 1892 or Eastwood's Smith & Wesson .44 mag, then I started thinking if you could give a Oscar for best supporting role by a firearm , what would it be? Since I know all you INGO vampires are either wasting time at work or waiting to get tired enough to fall asleep this should give ya something to think about, any movie and it had to be a actual firearm, and the Oscar goes to???? My vote goes to the Winchester model 1892.:rockwoot:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I think the "Lifetime Achievement Award" should go to the M1 Garand. You can't have a WWII or Korean conflict movie without that iconic piece of hardware.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You had me at vampire, since I never sleep...

AK-47 in (original) RED DAWN. I know it is Russian, but it was very iconic. Ironically, I do not own an AK, nor want one.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If we are talking iconic the prize goes to the venerable 1911 it and all its varied configurations.

You see 1911's in everything from WWII movies to the most modern movie of any film genre. And like any good actor they may look different each time due to makeup but you still know and recognize the 1911. Oh and 1911's never get old, they are cool no mater what time period they are appearing in.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    I would personanally go with the .44 mag. But if you you really want to talk iconic, and known to almost all, what about the Walther? I would venture to say that everyone one this forum has seen at least one Bond film. And even if you're not a gun lover, you can see the PPK and say, "Oh, you mean James Bond's gun?"

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    A guy told me once that Eastwood actually shot a .41.. Anybody else ever hear this, or is it just BS? A quick google search turns this debate up. Any input? Anyone??

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    The age of the cowboy lasted what, about 30 yrs? The 1892 is a good pick though between the two. Even though I do not have one, I would have to throw in the 1911. I grew up watching the old channel 4 war movies.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I'm gonna have to go with the .44
    I am biased a little though...

44s_zpse6d041db.jpg

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    1911 as well...Cobra, Lieutenant Dan's (forrest gump), Casablanca...there are tons, but man, does this gun look sexy on the big screen!

Top Bottom