Someones going to pay for me and my 15 kids!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Wow is all I can say. I don't understand this mentality. My wife and I have three boys and while we're not rich we get buy, and we support our kids.
    We've talked about adopting a child and one of the things that gives us pause is wondering how to save for college for another kid when it's going to be hard enough with the three we already have.
    Any who, this is just crazy and shows a complete breakdown of the system.
    This is so out of hand there is not saving it.
    If you put her kids up for adoption, you will hear the people saying it's not the governments job to step in and split a family up just because she can't pay the bills.
    If you try to help her get a job, I'd offer to what end? Really what job is she going to realistically get that will actually pay for this many kids? (A house big enough to hold all the kids, clothing, day care while she works, food etc.)
    The third option is we as a society just pay to put them up somewhere and continue to feed and cloth them until they get old enough to be on their own and she's old enough to not be able to have kids anymore and dies.
    None of these in mind are great options which is why I say it's practically out of hand.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Yeah that is a long shot.

I agree we need to care for the kids on our streets or town before worrying about ones have a world away.
    Do you mean "we" or do you mean "I". What exactly are you proposing? This whole collective 'takes a village to raise a kid' is one root of the problem.

More money? More agencies? More programs? Sounds like reinforcing failure.

If there's a program that works, fine, but don't want to tell would-be adoptive parents that they have to take care of this lousy mom's kids if they want to adopt.

:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its just an much more sever example of how this country is in general. The more kids you have the more you can deduct from your taxes. The more burden everyone else has to pay. That imo is wrong as well. I shouldn't have to pay more because you choose to have more children. If anything you should pay more taxes the more kids you have, the more kids the more $$ that is needed for schooling, etc.

Top Bottom