• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    My carry rig ATM is a Fobus Paddle and a cz 75b limited edition. Anyways i noticed a kid that kept staring at my gun (3-5 or so). Anyways his mother came up to me and goes, my son in interested in your gun, what kind is it. I was like it is a CZ 75 In stainless. She said Are you a cop. My reply was No ma'am just a normal citizen that has a license to carry is all. I turn to pick up my foot, and then a i feel pressure on my gun!!!!! I wasn't sure what was going on. I came back ground with an elbow, and i happened to backhand the kid. I caught him pretty good. Kid was stunned, and about 2 seconds later. His mother was going off the wall, AT HER SON. I wanted to hug her.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you backhanded a 4 year old out in public. I think you go real lucky the woman took it the way she did.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    LOL reading this and yes glad she handled it the way she did, but I certainly don't blame you. I would have done the same. Wonder if he still likes your gun?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So you backhanded a 4 year old out in public.

Didn't sound that way. Sounds like he felt something going on with his gun and protectively got his elbow up over it and happened to clock the kid in the motion. Personal bubble encroached...
    No harm, no foul.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Didn't sound that way. Sounds like he felt something going on with his gun and protectively got his elbow up over it and happened to clock the kid in the motion. Personal bubble encroached...
    No harm, no foul.

+1

Your actions were totally understandable! The cluster of nerve endings on my hip directly beneath my holster have become very sensitive and notice the slightest of disturbances. If I would have felt a tugging I would have responded just as you did.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not only did mom do the right thing but I bet junior doesn't try to grab a gun from somebodys' waist again!! Lesson learned!! Bravo to mom for not screaming for a lawyer, there may be a slight gleaming hope for our country after all!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm glad to hear stories like that. She corrected the instigator of the problem, which was her child.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    At that time I didn't know whom was touching my gun, and it was pretty well just a reflex at that point of someone is going for my gun. I didn't see that a four year old was touch my gun, backed up, and back handed him. I threw an elbow without even looking, could of been a LEO behind me for all i knew. I threw an elbow, and had my hand at a downward angle to knock anyones hands off my gun, and make sure it was still securely in my position. The kid just so happened to have his head about 3 inches away from my handgun. I did apologize to the mother for accidentally hitting him. She understood what happened, and she was like Now you can tell your friend so and so you seen a man with a gun today and what happens when you touch it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What was he supposed to do let the kid grab it?

I didn't say that at all. I just think if the woman had started screaming, the cops get called (maybe one of the many we have read about that hates open carry anyway), who knows what may have happened. He could have been looking at an assault charge with defense costs.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I didn't say that at all. I just think if the woman had started screaming, the cops get called (maybe one of the many we have read about that hates open carry anyway), who knows what may have happened. He could have been looking at an assault charge with defense costs.

I get your point, now days you just never know. I can see some people would cry foul or try to file suite.

I just think most people would have reacted the same way. You don't want to to get into a habit of not responding like that. When you gun is being grabed by someone behind you. You have to react first then look to see.

Top Bottom