• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Due to requests, I have decided to post some random stories and pieces I've written throughout the years. Was a slow day at work today, so I just felt: why not today. This will likely be a non-exhaustive and long term thread, and I'll post whenever I feel like sharing for the group. However I must start with a list of Paul Harrell-esque caveats:

1. I post these for your entertainment, though I mainly write for MY enjoyment. If my writing ain't your style, or you think this is silly, good for you. Please refrain from gridlocking the thread. Genuine constructive criticism will be graciously accepted, though again this is mainly for fun.

2. Try to ignore any spelling or grammar issues. I mainly use Notepad (because I'm not paying a subscription for office, and .TXT files are more compatible than .DOCX files), and Notepad doesn't have spelling and grammar check, at least on Windows 10.

3. These stories will most likely not be complete. These are rough drafts at the very most. They often consist of small snippets of content I just felt like writing about, or because I had a dream than I really liked, etc. Go back to No. 1, I post these just for fun.

4. My method of writing is unique, as it is intended to get the content down as quickly as possible, so it is a mixture of prose and script style. I'll also have to adapt to INGO's format. I'll explain:
    Character speech will be script style with the characters name followed by a colon ":", which is then followed by their dialogue. I didn't have time to write all the "he said this", "she said that" stuff you typically see in prose.
    Indented text with no character prefix is description in prose (the meat of text in any book).
    Segments of text will be separated with a one space break like what you see separating the numbers above.
    Jumps in scene will be separated with a "Break".
    Scenes will be separated with an "End Scene".

With all that said, I'll begin below.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    This first one actually originated from a dream I had three years ago, however it's been modified to use my characters and universe. It is around essay long, and I will add to it at a later date, but this is what has been written so far. For suspense sake, I will post the story in segments.

The overarching story is about a squadron of special forces operators on a rescue mission during the "Rising Storm" if you will of the beginnings of an alien invasion. It is set over a thousand years into the future on a different planet called "Arcadia".

For organization purposes, I'll call this one "Operation Morning Star".

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Operation Morning Star - Part 1
    © 2022 Eris Digital Aesthetics

Alexis: Here! Turn off here!

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Front car, turn off at this road.

The front car turned off onto an access road nearly hidden in the bushes. The rest of the convoy followed and slowly made its way along a winding path up a small foothill.​

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Everyone turn off headlights and switch to night vision. (Speaking to Alexis) You sure it's up here?

Alexis: That's what this map says. Eliza said hill 217-XH.

Onyx switched off his headlights and switched on the night vision on his ballistic glasses. The darkness of the jungle now enveloped the convoy. The only light now was from the dashboard and the last few minutes of the setting sun. Alexis folded up her map and switched on her wrist mounted computer.​

Onyx: Remind me again of what we are looking for?

Alexis: There is a cabin on this hill. Eliza said this is a place they take the researchers if there is an emergency. Should only be a twenty minute drive from the main road.

Onyx: So there will be an element on guard.

Alexis: Yeah, but they shouldn't be a problem.

Onyx: And how is that?

Alexis: Eliza isn't the only defector. There are many people who want out of the organization. People in the Peacekeepers, the Arcadian Military. If it wasn't for this network, we wouldn't have even known what was going on. Everyone at this cabin should be expecting us, and Arcadia shouldn't be none the wiser.

Onyx: And if they missed something?

Alexis: Then I guess that's why you guys are here.

Onyx: Sure. (Speaking into his radio) Raptor, go ahead and turn on the jammer. Full spectrum.

There was some static before Raptors voice sounded over the radio.​

Raptor: (Over radio) We're in the dark now, sir.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Ten-four.

"Break"

Echo stared intensively into the night riding shotgun while George, a Sigma Security defector, drove the front car of the convoy. The jungle was full of vibrant shades and hues through his full color night vision while his short range motion tracker pulsed into the unknown. Suddenly the road opened up and a dark deserted cabin came into view.​

Echo: Stop! Stop! Stop! There it is.

George slowed the car to a halt. The rest of the convoy was about three minutes behind. Echo switched on his radio to warn the convoy while George scanned the area.​

"Break"

Onyx and Alexis drove on in silence for around five minutes until Echo's voice sounded over the radio.​

Echo: (Over radio) All convoy, this is front car. We have eyes on the cabin.

Alexis straightened up as Onyx quickly responded.​

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) What do you guys see? We going to have to party?

Echo: (Over radio) Everything's dark. Break. No signs of life. Break. Motion and Thermal are all clean. Over.

Alexis: (Quickly trying to talk over Onyx's radio) Listen, are you sure there-

Onyx raised his hand to quiet and calm Alexis. She sat back into her seat and twitched her leg in agitation.​

Onyx: (Speaking to the convoy on his radio) All convoy, halt! Halt! Halt! Front car, stay in position and keep us posted. Over.

Echo: (Over radio) Ten-Four.

The convoy slowed to a halt as Onyx switched his radio to a different channel.​

Onyx: (Speaking onto his radio) Raptor, give me a reading on long range motion.

Raptor: (Over radio) Roger.

As onyx released his radio's transmitter, Alexis leaned over the cab's center console and retaliated.​

Alexis: What are we waiting for, they could be in trouble!

Onyx: We could also be driving into an ambush.

Alexis sat back in frustration.​

Alexis: This is not how this should be going.

Onyx: No plan survives first contact, agent. As an intelligence officer, you should know this.

Raptor: (Over radio) Onyx?

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Send traffic.

Raptor: (Over radio) Long range motion is all clear. Break. No intercepted messages either. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking to Raptor over his radio) Roger. (Speaking to Echo over his radio) Convoy to Front Car. Anything change?

About twenty seconds past before Echo responded.​

Echo: (Over radio) Negative. Still completely deserted. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking to convoy over his radio) Alright, convoy start back up. Move in slow.

The convoy started their climb again and in about three minutes came to a clearing. As Echo had described, a deserted cabin shrouded in darkness came into view. Twilight had set in as the sky was faintly indigo from the setting sun. Arcadia's two moons shown from the Northeast. As the entire convoy came into the clearing, Onyx gave the order to stop and dismount.​

Onyx: (Speaking to convoy over his radio) All convoy, halt and dismount. (Talking to Alexis) When we stop, don't go rushing in there until we secure the perimeter.

Alexis gave a reluctant nod. Onyx slowed the truck to a stop and slung on his rifle. Alexis got out of the truck and carefully closed the passenger door, looking in disbelief at the moonlit cabin. Onyx walked over to Echo and George.​

Echo: Nothing has changed, Onyx.

Onyx: Okay, take Hawkeye and Seth and do a perimeter check. Two hundred meter radius. George, you stay here.

Echo nodded his head and rushed off, while Onyx motioned for Samson to come over.​

Onyx: Samson, I want you, Yeti, and Raptor to take all the Sigma guys and secure the cabin, inside and out.

Samson: Yessir.

Samson gave a mock salute and hurried along. Onyx turned to Alexis.​

Onyx: You'll stay with me until the cabin is secure.

"Break"

Echo entered the jungle with Hawkeye and Seth. The forest floor was almost entirely dark, but the three special forces operators navigated it with ease. No branch or tree could escape the gaze of their full color night vision.​

Hawkeye: Something doesn't seem right.

Echo: No s***, we were expecting a welcome party, and we got a ghost ship in return.

Hawkeye: That's not what I mean. Something in the air...there's just an energy to it. I don't know.

Echo: You getting all spiritual, like Ty?

Seth: Shouldn't we be a little more quiet? We don't know what's out here.

Echo: This perimeter sweep is just a precaution. If there was an ambush, it would have triggered long range motion.

Seth: Really?

Echo: It would pick up a squirrel if we had it tuned for it. Aren't I right, Hawkeye?

Hawkeye: I'm with Seth on this one, something's got me on edge.

"End Part 1"

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Just because I feel like it tonight. More will be posted tomorrow.

Operation Morning Star - Part 2

Samson walked onto the front porch of the cabin. All of the exterior doors and window shutters were open. He peered into the windows with his nightvision and saw some tables and chairs flipped over, but no signs of life. Yeti voiced over Samson's radio.​

Yeti: (Over radio) Cabin exterior all clear.

Samson: (Speaking into his radio) Okay, come to the front. We're going in.

George: You see anyone, yet?

Samson: No. This place is dead. Keep your guys outside and keep an eye on the second floor. Radio me if you see something.

When Yeti and Raptor arrived, Samson motioned for them to stack up on both sides of the front door. Samson rushed in with his rifle leveled to his eye while his fellow operators followed. There were signs of a great commotion. Tables and chairs were flipped over, papers strewn about, and a few smashed windows. There were no bodies or blood. Samson could see George and his guys surround the house outside. Samson motioned for his guys to check upstairs. He looked up and saw a mezzanine overlooking the great room. On the opposite side of the great room was a stone fireplace. A deer's head was mounted on the chimney, which made Samson nearly gasp.​

Yeti: What was it?

Samson: That f***ing deer head. Just startled me, that's all.

Yeti continued up the stairs quietly chuckling. Yeti raised his light machine gun and aimed it at each door as his sight had a X-ray mode allowing his to see a few meters on the other side. He nodded to Raptor, who then proceeded to open the door and check the interior. They repeated this for every room. As samson was checking the bottom floor, he nearly slipped as he entered the kitchen. He looked down and saw rifle casings scattered all over the place. Upon further investigation, he saw that the walls were riddled with bullet holes. He also noticed tablet on the floor with it's screen still on. Whatever happened didn't happen too long ago.​

"Break"

Onyx and Alexis watched from the equipment van while Ty kept his eyes on the long range motion tracker. Alexis paced impatiently.​

Onyx: Relax.

Alexis: How can I? I promised these people I would get them out safe, and now this.

Onyx: And getting yourself worked up won't help anything. (To Ty) Anything?

Ty: The only thing moving is us.

Just then, Samson's voice came over the radio.​

Samson: (Over radio) Onyx, cabin is secure, inside and out. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Ten-Four. Gather outside the entrance and we'll try and figure this out.

Samson: (Over radio) Roger.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Echo, come in.

Echo: (Over radio) Send traffic.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Cabin is secure. Break. Meet at the entrance when you're done. Over.

Echo: (Over radio) Roger that.

Onyx: Ty, we're going to move up. Stay here and keep an eye on the motion tracker and radio me if anything changes.

Ty gives the same mock salute as Samson gave and smiles. Onyx calmly walks to the cabin's front entrance with Alexis besides him. Samson, Yeti, and Raptor were standing on the front porch while George and four other Sigma defectors were walking towards the front from the back yard.​

Onyx: So, what did you all find?

Samson: No signs of life. No bodies or blood. But someone was here probably around two hours ago.

Alexis breathed a sigh of relief and looked hopeful.​

Onyx: Anything else?

Samson: There was some commotion before they left, as there are tables and chairs all over. We also found bullet casing inside and out of the cabin as well as bulletholes in the walls. There is still a hint of gunpowder smell in the kitchen.

Just then, Echo voiced over the radio.​

Echo: (Over radio) Onyx, come in.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Send traffic.

Echo: (Over radio) We encountered a small pond nearby, and there is fresh boot tracks in the mud. Judging by the stride, I'd say they were running away from the cabin and towards the Southeast.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Roger. Return when you've completed your perimeter sweep.

Echo: (Over radio) Ten-Four on than. Hawkeye's got one of his feelings, again.

Yeti: Sounds like something spooked them and they ran off into the jungle.

Samson: They were probably compromised. There's fresh tire tracks all over the ground.

Onyx: Possibly, but there are no shell casings out there. Whatever they were firing at wasn't firing back.

Yeti: Unless they were using caseless or energy weapons.

Onyx: Perhaps.

Alexis: Well this is all exciting, but I'm going to look around and see if I can find anything that says where they may have gone.

Onyx: Agreed. Samson, Raptor. Get the van and set up some lights. The rest of you, assist Special Agent Blake.

Everyone nodded and walked off. Onyx followed Samson and Raptor.​

Samson: A little pistol, ain't she?

Onyx: She just wants her people safe.

Raptor: And she's intelligence. Knowing what's going on is their business.

Samson: And when things go wrong-

Onyx: They get upset. Besides, it's partially her operation.

Samson: Even though she doesn't know our true purpose here?

Onyx: Need to know basis, gentlemen.

Raptor: We sure turning on the lights is a good idea?

Onyx: Whoever caused all this is long gone. Besides, anything we would need to be worried about would have already detected us.

Raptor nodded his head in acknowledgment.​

"End Part 2"

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Operation Morning Star - Part 3

When they returned to the van, Samson pulled the van to the entrance and shrouded the entrance with bright overhead lights. At this point, Echo, Hawkeye, and Seth returned. They helped Raptor set up battery powered lights through out the cabin. Both the Sigma defectors and Federation operators helped Alexis sift through the papers and computers they could find. After thirty minutes of searching, Onyx approached Alexis as she took a break on the front porch.​

Onyx: Any progress.

Alexis: No. None at all. It's only some of their research notes. I'm going to have to contact Eliza again, but it'll be a week before I can meet up with her again. Dammit!

Alexis kicked and empty paint can off of the porch.​

Onyx: I'm sure they're fine. Let's go back in and see if we missed something.

Alexis sighed and nodded her head.​

Alexis: Okay.

As they were walking in, Seth was stepping out of the van and proceeded to slip and fall. A distinct crack could be heard as he landed. Onyx and Alexis rushed to his aid as Ty was already looking him over.​

Onyx: S***, is he okay?

Seth: I'm fine. I slipped on this stupid glow stick.

He held a Federation UV glow stick that had fallen off one of the operators. Seth proceeded to toss it against the cabin wall in frustration. Alexis watched it land as Onyx and Ty helped Seth up. As it made contact with the wall, bright yellow letters shown briefly in the glowstick's shine. Alexis breathed sharply. She proceeded to pick up the glowstick and held it close to the wall. Fluorescent yellow numbers shown faintly in the glowstick's proximity.​

Alexis: Onyx, look at this!

Onyx let go of Seth and walked calmly over to Alexis. She looked back smiling with excitement. Ty and Seth watched almost in utter disbelief. Samson shut the passenger door of the van as he exited, unaware of what was going on.​

Onyx: Samson, shut off the overhead lights and get a UV lamp!

Samson: What? Why?

Onyx: Just do it!

Samson proceeded to shut off the van's bright overhead lights and walked out with a battery powered UV lamp. As he turned it on, the front of the cabin turned purple. However, only the glowstick revealed the neon letters.​

Seth: Dammit, why isn't it working?

Alexis: It should ... unless it's invisible ink!

Onyx: What?

Alexis: It's a type of paint that only shines at a specific light frequency.

Onyx: Didn't you kick an empty paint can off the porch?

Alexis looked up at Onyx with wide eyes and looked back at the porch to see several empty paint cans. She picked one up and shined the glowstick over it's label.​

Alexis: It's Federation invisible paint!

Alexis put the can down and paced for a few seconds while quietly muttering.​

Seth: Does she usually do that?

Alexis: Can you change the spectrum of that light?

Samson: Umm, yeah?

Alexis: Match the spectrum with that glow stick!

Samson: How am I supposed to know what spectrum that glowstick is at?

Onyx: Just turn the dial until something shows up.

Samson nodded his head and began turning a dial on the lamp. As he turned the dial, suddenly the entire front the cabin lit up in various fluorescent colors. Everyone looked back in amazement as various equations and drawings glowed in neon pinks, oranges, and yellows. They weren't just on the cabin, but also some of the trees close to the cabin as well as the ground.​

Onyx: My God.

Alexis: Billy! This must be Billy's work!

Alexis seemed almost ecstatic.​

Onyx: Really?

Alexis: He was always asking me for invisible paint! Haha!

Onyx: Okay, so we know they were here, but how does this help us know where they went? All I see is a bunch equations and doodles.

Alexis: Yeah, but Billy would have left a clue for us if they left!

Seth: Not unless they were in a hurry.

Onyx: Okay, get everyone out here. Search this entire cabin, inside and out, with these UV lamps.

Everyone nodded and went into the van to grab more UV lamps. Onyx turned to a smiling Alexis.​

Onyx: You know, there is no guarantee there will be a clue. Who knows how long these have been painted.

Alexis: I just have a feeling, Onyx. I know he left a clue.

Onyx: Okay.

Samson handed Onyx a lamp as he walked by. In a few minutes, everyone had a lamp. Seth and Echo started to search the south exterior side of the cabin when Seth noticed large bright red arrows on the wall. The arrows were dripping, as the paint was still wet. The arrows lead to a note in the same red paint on the Cabin's south wall. The note said:​

"Dear Zenixon Federation People. Couldn't stay. Had to go to the Site. -Billy"

There was then a large arrow pointing to another empty paint can.​

Echo: (Speaking into his radio) Onyx, we found something. Come to the south exterior of the cabin.

A minute later, everyone showed up and stared in disbelief at the note.​

Samson: Well, son-of-a-bitch. He did leave a clue.

Onyx: You know what site he's talking about?

Alexis: No, not at all.

Echo: That's not all.

Echo handed Onyx an opened paint can with a note in it. Onyx proceeded to open the note and quietly skimmed its contents.​

Onyx: Well, it's definitely a message for us. It reads: "Dear Alexis. This is Chris Harrison. I hope you find this message. I had Billy nearly paint the entire house with that special paint he keeps asking you for. Hopefully the Federation's operatives can see it through their special night vision or something. Anyways, we arrived in a convoy at around 7:49 to find the cabin a shambles. The first group was no where to be found, and their vehicles gone. There were signs of fighting, so we assumed the first group had gotten captured, so we didn't feel safe here. We are going to an abandoned research site, where Arceus back when they were the Everon Corporation dug up and were researching some artifact. It was one of the sites for the Rosetta Program, which most of everyone in my group was a part of. I've included a map, as this site should be completely unknown by the Arcadian authorities, Sigma, or the Peacekeepers. People with me are Billy of course, Dr. Ralph, Dr. Maxxel, Dr. Adams, Ms. Gloria, three Peacekeeper security guards (all who are defectors), Dr. Tibbits, Ms. Amber, Mr. Drake, Ms. Molly, and Mr. Francis. We are all safe as of the time of me writing this note. I am unaware of the fate of the other team, which consisted of Dr. Jacobs, Dr. Sven, Dr. Lazlo, Mrs. Mises, Dr. Meed, and another three Peacekeeper security guards (all who were also defectors, I hope). Please find us." There is also a map on the back.

Raptor: Sir, it's 10:34.

Onyx: So that was almost three hours ago.

Hawkeye: They mentioned they arrived in a convoy, and that there were no vehicles present.

Seth: Yeah, so?

Hawkeye: Whose footprints did we see on our perimeter sweep.

Yeti: Couldn't they have been old?

Echo: No, they were made today.

Alexis: So, someone from the first group may be out there. We have to go look!

Onyx: Alexis, we can't go scouring this jungle at night.

Alexis: We have to try. They can't have gotten far!

Onyx: The motion tracker on the van has a 20 kilometer range. If someone was out there, we would know.

Alexis: But-

Onyx: But nothing. We know where the second team is heading, so that's where we're heading. Besides, it's likely the Peacekeepers are on their trail. We'll hear if they find them over the tactical net, then we'll figure something else out.

Alexis nodded her head in reluctant agreement.​

Onyx: Okay, everyone! Let's pack up and get ready to move out! Collect any research note you can find as well.

Everyone, including Alexis, left and started to pack up. Samson and Hawkeye however turned around and walked back to Onyx.​

Samson: Onyx, we have a big problem.

Hawkeye: We think we know what happened to the first group.

Onyx: And I'm assuming there is a reason you didn't mention this during our little meeting, right?

Samson: Yes. Follow us.

Onyx followed Samson and Hawkeye to the front of the cabin where they lead him to a tree. Samson shined a full spectrum light on the tree which revealed a peculiar six fingered hand print.​

Samson: We were looking around in other spectrums in case Billy used some different paint.

Hawkeye: The same prints were all over the doors and front porch.

Samson: There were also signs of nova and plasma damage in the walls.

Onyx: Get Echo and Raptor here. Don't let anyone else know what's going on.

Samson and Hawkeye nodded and walked back to the cabin.​

"End Part 3"

gpasp101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    S. E. In.
    Operation Morning Star - Part 3

When they returned to the van, Samson pulled the van to the entrance and shrouded the entrance with bright overhead lights. At this point, Echo, Hawkeye, and Seth returned. They helped Raptor set up battery powered lights through out the cabin. Both the Sigma defectors and Federation operators helped Alexis sift through the papers and computers they could find. After thirty minutes of searching, Onyx approached Alexis as she took a break on the front porch.​

Onyx: Any progress.

Alexis: No. None at all. It's only some of their research notes. I'm going to have to contact Eliza again, but it'll be a week before I can meet up with her again. Dammit!

Alexis kicked and empty paint can off of the porch.​

Onyx: I'm sure they're fine. Let's go back in and see if we missed something.

Alexis sighed and nodded her head.​

Alexis: Okay.

As they were walking in, Seth was stepping out of the van and proceeded to slip and fall. A distinct crack could be heard as he landed. Onyx and Alexis rushed to his aid as Ty was already looking him over.​

Onyx: S***, is he okay?

Seth: I'm fine. I slipped on this stupid glow stick.

He held a Federation UV glow stick that had fallen off one of the operators. Seth proceeded to toss it against the cabin wall in frustration. Alexis watched it land as Onyx and Ty helped Seth up. As it made contact with the wall, bright yellow letters shown briefly in the glowstick's shine. Alexis breathed sharply. She proceeded to pick up the glowstick and held it close to the wall. Fluorescent yellow numbers shown faintly in the glowstick's proximity.​

Alexis: Onyx, look at this!

Onyx let go of Seth and walked calmly over to Alexis. She looked back smiling with excitement. Ty and Seth watched almost in utter disbelief. Samson shut the passenger door of the van as he exited, unaware of what was going on.​

Onyx: Samson, shut off the overhead lights and get a UV lamp!

Samson: What? Why?

Onyx: Just do it!

Samson proceeded to shut off the van's bright overhead lights and walked out with a battery powered UV lamp. As he turned it on, the front of the cabin turned purple. However, only the glowstick revealed the neon letters.​

Seth: Dammit, why isn't it working?

Alexis: It should ... unless it's invisible ink!

Onyx: What?

Alexis: It's a type of paint that only shines at a specific light frequency.

Onyx: Didn't you kick an empty paint can off the porch?

Alexis looked up at Onyx with wide eyes and looked back at the porch to see several empty paint cans. She picked one up and shined the glowstick over it's label.​

Alexis: It's Federation invisible paint!

Alexis put the can down and paced for a few seconds while quietly muttering.​

Seth: Does she usually do that?

Alexis: Can you change the spectrum of that light?

Samson: Umm, yeah?

Alexis: Match the spectrum with that glow stick!

Samson: How am I supposed to know what spectrum that glowstick is at?

Onyx: Just turn the dial until something shows up.

Samson nodded his head and began turning a dial on the lamp. As he turned the dial, suddenly the entire front the cabin lit up in various fluorescent colors. Everyone looked back in amazement as various equations and drawings glowed in neon pinks, oranges, and yellows. They weren't just on the cabin, but also some of the trees close to the cabin as well as the ground.​

Onyx: My God.

Alexis: Billy! This must be Billy's work!

Alexis seemed almost ecstatic.​

Onyx: Really?

Alexis: He was always asking me for invisible paint! Haha!

Onyx: Okay, so we know they were here, but how does this help us know where they went? All I see is a bunch equations and doodles.

Alexis: Yeah, but Billy would have left a clue for us if they left!

Seth: Not unless they were in a hurry.

Onyx: Okay, get everyone out here. Search this entire cabin, inside and out, with these UV lamps.

Everyone nodded and went into the van to grab more UV lamps. Onyx turned to a smiling Alexis.​

Onyx: You know, there is no guarantee there will be a clue. Who knows how long these have been painted.

Alexis: I just have a feeling, Onyx. I know he left a clue.

Onyx: Okay.

Samson handed Onyx a lamp as he walked by. In a few minutes, everyone had a lamp. Seth and Echo started to search the south exterior side of the cabin when Seth noticed large bright red arrows on the wall. The arrows were dripping, as the paint was still wet. The arrows lead to a note in the same red paint on the Cabin's south wall. The note said:​

"Dear Zenixon Federation People. Couldn't stay. Had to go to the Site. -Billy"

There was then a large arrow pointing to another empty paint can.​

Echo: (Speaking into his radio) Onyx, we found something. Come to the south exterior of the cabin.

A minute later, everyone showed up and stared in disbelief at the note.​

Samson: Well, son-of-a-bitch. He did leave a clue.

Onyx: You know what site he's talking about?

Alexis: No, not at all.

Echo: That's not all.

Echo handed Onyx an opened paint can with a note in it. Onyx proceeded to open the note and quietly skimmed its contents.​

Onyx: Well, it's definitely a message for us. It reads: "Dear Alexis. This is Chris Harrison. I hope you find this message. I had Billy nearly paint the entire house with that special paint he keeps asking you for. Hopefully the Federation's operatives can see it through their special night vision or something. Anyways, we arrived in a convoy at around 7:49 to find the cabin a shambles. The first group was no where to be found, and their vehicles gone. There were signs of fighting, so we assumed the first group had gotten captured, so we didn't feel safe here. We are going to an abandoned research site, where Arceus back when they were the Everon Corporation dug up and were researching some artifact. It was one of the sites for the Rosetta Program, which most of everyone in my group was a part of. I've included a map, as this site should be completely unknown by the Arcadian authorities, Sigma, or the Peacekeepers. People with me are Billy of course, Dr. Ralph, Dr. Maxxel, Dr. Adams, Ms. Gloria, three Peacekeeper security guards (all who are defectors), Dr. Tibbits, Ms. Amber, Mr. Drake, Ms. Molly, and Mr. Francis. We are all safe as of the time of me writing this note. I am unaware of the fate of the other team, which consisted of Dr. Jacobs, Dr. Sven, Dr. Lazlo, Mrs. Mises, Dr. Meed, and another three Peacekeeper security guards (all who were also defectors, I hope). Please find us." There is also a map on the back.

Raptor: Sir, it's 10:34.

Onyx: So that was almost three hours ago.

Hawkeye: They mentioned they arrived in a convoy, and that there were no vehicles present.

Seth: Yeah, so?

Hawkeye: Whose footprints did we see on our perimeter sweep.

Yeti: Couldn't they have been old?

Echo: No, they were made today.

Alexis: So, someone from the first group may be out there. We have to go look!

Onyx: Alexis, we can't go scouring this jungle at night.

Alexis: We have to try. They can't have gotten far!

Onyx: The motion tracker on the van has a 20 kilometer range. If someone was out there, we would know.

Alexis: But-

Onyx: But nothing. We know where the second team is heading, so that's where we're heading. Besides, it's likely the Peacekeepers are on their trail. We'll hear if they find them over the tactical net, then we'll figure something else out.

Alexis nodded her head in reluctant agreement.​

Onyx: Okay, everyone! Let's pack up and get ready to move out! Collect any research note you can find as well.

Everyone, including Alexis, left and started to pack up. Samson and Hawkeye however turned around and walked back to Onyx.​

Samson: Onyx, we have a big problem.

Hawkeye: We think we know what happened to the first group.

Onyx: And I'm assuming there is a reason you didn't mention this during our little meeting, right?

Samson: Yes. Follow us.

Onyx followed Samson and Hawkeye to the front of the cabin where they lead him to a tree. Samson shined a full spectrum light on the tree which revealed a peculiar six fingered hand print.​

Samson: We were looking around in other spectrums in case Billy used some different paint.

Hawkeye: The same prints were all over the doors and front porch.

Samson: There were also signs of nova and plasma damage in the walls.

Onyx: Get Echo and Raptor here. Don't let anyone else know what's going on.

Samson and Hawkeye nodded and walked back to the cabin.​

"End Part 3"
    Thank you for sharing your works, I imagine you’ll have a publisher in your near future ✌️

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Will post this before the weekend. The 4th and final part to this fragment. Will maybe post other writings next week.

Operation Morning Star - Part 4

Echo was collecting papers and data drives and tossing them into military cases.​

Alexis: Hey, be a little more careful.

Echo smiled and put papers down more gingerly. Just then Samson walked in.​

Samson: Onyx needs you.

Echo: Just give me a sec.

Samson: Don't worry about that, I'll take your place.

Samson grabbed the papers in his hands.​

Echo: Where is he?

Samson: Out front.

Echo: Where out front?

Samson: Just find him, okay?

Echo shrugged and walked out. Raptor slid down the stair and walked more slowly as soon as he saw Alexis. This piqued her curiosity, and she began to follow before Smason stopped her.​

Samson: Hey Alexis, how are we sorting this stuff?

Alexis: We can sort this stuff later. Hey, what's going on?

Samson: What do you mean?

Alexis: Raptor was acting strange when he saw me.

Samson: Maybe he has a crush on you, I don't know.

Alexis: You were acting strange as well.

Samson: What? No I haven't.

Alexis: You've been jovial this entire operation, then suddenly you come in and order Echo around like that? What's going on out there?

Samson: It's nothing, Ms. Blake. Onyx is just planning our next steps.

Alexis: Without me?

Samson: Ms. Blake, they're planning the security side of things.

Alexis: But it's my operations.

Samson: You handle the intelligence side of things, we'll handle the security side.

Samson's expression was blank as he returned to his task of sorting papers. Alexis looked through the window and saw Onyx, Raptor, and Echo looking at a tree.​

"Break"

Echo closely examined the hand print on the tree. He sighed and got off of his knees.​

Echo: No doubt, it's Coelex.

Onyx: Well, things just got more complicated.

Raptor: It's why there are no shell casings outside.

Echo: You think they killed the first group?

Onyx: Don't think so. Like Samson said, there was no blood or bodies.

Echo: So, they may have been abducted.

Onyx: I believe so. They're probably here for the same reasons we're here. Let's remember these are the same researchers that were part of the Rosetta Program.

Raptor: They may be hunting for the Gate.

Echo: The Gate that might very well be at this secret site the second group is heading to.

Raptor: Any chance they didn't see Billy's giant note?

Echo: The note was in a sealed paint can.

Raptor: They could have just put it back since they knew we were coming.

Echo: If they knew we were coming, they would have been waiting for us.

Onyx: They might have been. They might be watching us right now. Gathering intelligence on our behavior.

All three operators nervously looked around in the dark jungle.​

Echo: (whispering) But the long range motion-

Onyx: Picks up human like movements. We don't know what their technology is capable of. I've seen these bastards go invisible before. To thermal and infrared.

Raptor: Aren't you the bearer of good news.

Onyx: Besides, it's a moot point if they saw the message or not. Someone in the first group knows where the site is, and they'll get that information.

Raptor: Okay, so we know THEY were here, and let's say the first group was abducted. What about those boot prints you guys found in the mud?

Onyx: Maybe someone got away, I don't know. There's no way to be certain, but we do know where the second group is heading, and that there maybe a Merridian element following them.

Echo: What are your orders, Onyx?

Onyx: Merridians or not, we need find to find these people ASAP. Assist the rest in packing up all of the resources you can, and then let's get the hell out of here.

"End of Fragment"

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Onyx and his team are probably one of my favorite subjects to write about. They are specialized warriors called "Revenants", which would be like Navy Seals, though trained and equipped to fight aliens. Most of the members of his team, their names (not designations like "Onyx", or "Echo") as well as the way they act have their origin from people I personally knew, though none of them were alien hunters IRL.

This won't be the last time we hear from Onyx (real name is Mickey Alderman) and his team, though next story I will likely post will be more light hearted and humorous.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Onyx and his team are probably one of my favorite subjects to write about. They are specialized warriors called "Revenants", which would be like Navy Seals, though trained and equipped to fight aliens. Most of the members of his team, their names (not designations like "Onyx", or "Echo") as well as the way they act have their origin from people I personally knew, though none of them were alien hunters IRL.

This won't be the last time we hear from Onyx (real name is Mickey Alderman) and his team, though next story I will likely post will be more light hearted and humorous.
    It almost reminds me of Halo. :yesway:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    WARNING:
    Since I lost my ability to edit the OP, I'll put it here. So some of my sci-fi writing can get very technical with me trying to explain some of the fantastical technology. An example:

The Kyrah'ee Particle Rifle uses a peculiar accelerated murino (Mew-Ree-No) particle pulse design, which is an energy system exclusive to Velmok weapon systems. The weapon is powered typically by four (some models have six) chancellorite crystalline magazines. These magazines are charged with a form of exotic energy, that when subjected to a specialized electromagnetic field, release high energy inter-dimensional particles in some sort of piezoelectric process. The magazines are seated precisely in the weapon in a way that the particles from all of the magazines converge into a single point when fired. This convergence point, technically called the focusing chamber, is situated ahead of the magazines allowing a net to velocity to be forward.

When fired, magnetic fields cause the crystals to release a cocktail of high energy murinos, photons, and plasma. When one crystal is fired, the beam of particles makes its way into the focusing chamber, where it is accelerated by the other three (some models will have five) beams and forced into the acceleration field, also referred to as the barrel. Powerful forward-looking electromagnets stabilize and further accelerate the particle beam into a rapidly rotating cyclone of high energy murinos.

This is what is known as "techno-babble". There are materials we call "un-obtainium", which are materials and technology I made up to make the tech seem more "plausible". You will occasionally get stuff like this in the sci-fi and science-fantasy stuff I write. I do this to logically think through as to why I'm creating a certain element. Otherwise you get non-sensical stuff that doesn't really feel "real", kind of like gun-hating artists making guns for games that appear impractical and wouldn't work in reality.

Now the "full color nightvision" I mentioned in the first story actually is not science fiction. I can't say how I know it's real, other than I used to know someone who was in the know how. Though I should have given them "full color night vision with thermal fusion and AI assisted edge detection/target acquisition".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You will likely see a lot of similarities. Halo CE is my all time favorite game, and that franchise (when it was good and Bungie was in Chicago) was one of the main reasons I became a CG artist and storyteller.
    I never played the games, but I've seen some of the movies/tv series. And those put me in mind of the Dune series. :): I'm anxiously awaiting Dune part 3.

Top Bottom