• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So, I live about 40 minutes from my mom and dad and generally see them on the weekends only. Well, tonight was no different. Typically I go to my parents' house and we have dinner or we meet up for dinner. Tonight we went to Red Lobster to celebrate my nephew doing well in school (just started kindergarten) and afterwards hit Walmart to just spend time together and talk while they shopped. I was OC like usual and we stopped at my mom's car to talk for a little bit. She was telling about this kid at the learning center she works at and was getting a little angry at the whole situation just recalling it. A gentleman was walking out of Walmart and spotted us. He realized that she was upset about something, but being out of eartshot couldn't really tell and got concerned. I'm about 5'10", 180 pounds and she's about 5'2" and about 190, so there's a pretty good size difference between us. He stopped directly beside us, looked at us, and asked if we were alright. We both nodded and said yeah we were just talking and he said "Okay just making sure you didn't need any help."

+1 for this guy being genuinely concerned about my mother or possibly me, but I prefer to think it was her. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad to hear as well. Most people seem to be too wrapped up in their phone, ipod/mp3 player to notice anything going on around them, so nice to know that this guy not only noticed, but checked to make sure "everyone" was ok.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It really is getting very rare. And people are just getting more rude with each passing day, too. I've always been the type to hold a door for someone, and have noticed recently that only about 75% of people even acknowledge, much less say thanks anymore.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So, I live about 40 minutes from my mom and dad and generally see them on the weekends only. Well, tonight was no different. Typically I go to my parents' house and we have dinner or we meet up for dinner. Tonight we went to Red Lobster to celebrate my nephew doing well in school (just started kindergarten) and afterwards hit Walmart to just spend time together and talk while they shopped. I was OC like usual and we stopped at my mom's car to talk for a little bit. She was telling about this kid at the learning center she works at and was getting a little angry at the whole situation just recalling it. A gentleman was walking out of Walmart and spotted us. He realized that she was upset about something, but being out of eartshot couldn't really tell and got concerned. I'm about 5'10", 180 pounds and she's about 5'2" and about 190, so there's a pretty good size difference between us. He stopped directly beside us, looked at us, and asked if we were alright. We both nodded and said yeah we were just talking and he said "Okay just making sure you didn't need any help."

+1 for this guy being genuinely concerned about my mother or possibly me, but I prefer to think it was her. :D
    Many folks would have thought the "concern" was an intrusion. In a real "fight", the gentleman might have been sticking his neck out to just have it chopped off. Kudos to you for your way of thinking.:yesway:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I just had to be "that guy." I was headed to my parents' house and as I was turning onto the street I spotted a guy on the ground and two people about my age yelling at the driver of an SUV. I rolled up and asked if everything was okay. The three people were about my age and the driver was an older gentleman, which is what got me concerned in the first place. The three people said that the driver had just hit their friend on his bike. The driver said, "Your friend ran into me." He kept saying the same thing and they were getting more irate. I asked the kid on the bike if he was okay and he said he and started walking around whle limping. I looked in my mirror and the guy got back into his SUV and drove off. I followed him about 3 miles while on the phone with the police. After I got the police all the info I knew, I turned back around and headed back to my parents. The ambulance was on the corner, but the pedestrians were gone. As I pulled into the driveway, I got a phone call from dispatch. I explained that I didn't see the people but spotted the ambulance, and described the people. They said they would relay the info to the officer, who just so happened to be driving down the street. I approached him and explained that I was the caller and told him what I saw. He got a call from dispatch saying the driver was scared because of the number of younger people and drove to the police station in Speedway to explain the situation. It got me going that he took off, but I can understand his reasoning behind it. I'd be hesitant to stay there with 3 irate peoplee who are 40+ years younger than me too.

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    that's good that you didn't take it the wrong way. Usually someone may feel threatened by that sort of confrontation. Kudos

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    My mom used to drive about 60 miles one way to work down in Texas. She saw the same police officer everyday and would wave at him. One day my mom picked up a coworker that decided to sleep on the way to work so he laid the seat back. When my mom passed this same officer and waved he decided something didn't look right so he pulled her over. When he came to the window he asked her just that " is everything ok" the whole time looking at the passenger seat. She explained that she was fine and had happened to pick up a co-worker. She was very surprised at how observant the officer had been to spot the one day something wasn't the same.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My mom used to drive about 60 miles one way to work down in Texas. She saw the same police officer everyday and would wave at him. One day my mom picked up a coworker that decided to sleep on the way to work so he laid the seat back. When my mom passed this same officer and waved he decided something didn't look right so he pulled her over. When he came to the window he asked her just that " is everything ok" the whole time looking at the passenger seat. She explained that she was fine and had happened to pick up a co-worker. She was very surprised at how observant the officer had been to spot the one day something wasn't the same.

Thats a great thing he was able to do that. When I was stationed on Fort Rucker, I went before every shift to a restaurant to eat. When I did not show up for two days (as I went on leave), they knew I was an MP, so they called the MP station to check on me, make sure that I was ok. Was nice to hear that someone cared enough to check on me, besides just some family and my unit.

Top Bottom