• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    well if you are looking for a gun with great concealabilaty, I have a Kahr .40. It is easy to carry, light weight, and a big load for such a small gun. Also, I have a Kel Tec 9mm, this too is an awesome gun. If you are going for a cheaper price, I'd go with the Kel Tec. If you are into big name guns Kahr 9/40 is the gun for you

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    well if you are looking for a gun with great concealabilaty, I have a Kahr .40. It is easy to carry, light weight, and a big load for such a small gun. Also, I have a Kel Tec 9mm, this too is an awesome gun. If you are going for a cheaper price, I'd go with the Kel Tec. If you are into big name guns Kahr 9/40 is the gun for you
    Price is a concern, but i don't want to choose best price and sacrifice reliability. I would really prefer to stay 9mm, but am considering .380 too.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I only carry .45 or 44s. I have a Taurus PT1 45Pro. It is compact easy to conceal and being a .45 ACP it has good stopping power. Course I am a guy and being 5'11" at 170lbs. My idea of concealable and yours may differ. I would try if you can to find a sidearm that is a bit larger cal. than a .380. The reason is that this being Indiana an encounter with a BG in winter may cause some problems if they are bundled up for cold weather. This is worse if they are a larger person. Kind of like the problem our troops had in Korea with the M1 carbine trying to knocked down the bundled up Chineses troops. The M1 carbine fires a .30 cal round..It's basicly a .38 on a longer cassing. Just food for thought. Hope it helps.
    God Bless

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I only carry .45 or 44s. I have a Taurus PT1 45Pro. It is compact easy to conceal and being a .45 ACP it has good stopping power. Course I am a guy and being 5'11" at 170lbs. My idea of concealable and yours may differ. I would try if you can to find a sidearm that is a bit larger cal. than a .380. The reason is that this being Indiana an encounter with a BG in winter may cause some problems if they are bundled up for cold weather. This is worse if they are a larger person. Kind of like the problem our troops had in Korea with the M1 carbine trying to knocked down the bundled up Chineses troops. The M1 carbine fires a .30 cal round..It's basicly a .38 on a longer cassing. Just food for thought. Hope it helps.
    God Bless
    That's a good point about winter and being bundled up. I really hadn't thought of that. At least in winter, I'd be able to conceal more easily most times. Yeah, at 5'2", 140 lbs, it's harder to conceal. Hubby is 6'3", so what is big for me to carry looks like a toy on him!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Anyhow, if anyone has any input, i am looking for a very concealable gun, probably a .380. I have a Charter Arms .38 Revolver 2", and a Glock 26, but both are kinda bulky at times on my small frame. I prefer the bigger guns, but there are times when i'd be more likely to CC if i had a smaller gun. Needs to be reliable, that is my #1 priority. I have a few in mind. :n00b:

We carry the Kahr CM9, Ruger LCP, Walther PK380, Bersa .380, Kel Tec P32, P3AT & PF9 and many more. You can stop in during our open hours or make an appointment. See you at the shop!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    today hubby and i went to a gun show. i am not one of those feminist types that thinks everyone is discriminating against me, but i did notice being ignored, and then one guy assumed that i had never shot, and was showing me stupid guns, and saying that hubby should show me, and then i should practice so i don't forget how to shoot. :rolleyes: We normally go shooting at least twice a month.
    Then went to a shop, and one guy tried to interest me in a .32, and told me it was a "sissy gun", and women like it because it has less kick. Looked him in the eye and said i have a .38 and a 9mm, i don't want a sissy gun.
    Now, this is not about all guys in general, when i bought my Glock, the guy was ex-military and shorter than me. He was very helpful and did not assume anything. i was very comfortable buying a gun from someone who was experienced and similar in stature.
    Anyhow, if anyone has any input, i am looking for a very concealable gun, probably a .380. I have a Charter Arms .38 Revolver 2", and a Glock 26, but both are kinda bulky at times on my small frame. I prefer the bigger guns, but there are times when i'd be more likely to CC if i had a smaller gun. Needs to be reliable, that is my #1 priority. I have a few in mind. :n00b:
    Try being a kid at a gunshow. If you want a light weight gun then get a nagant revolver. Has the kick of a 32 (Not trying to be offensive I go through the same thing. I hate it whenever they ask if I want a .22 I bought and own and shoot a mosin nagant.) It also has the stopping power of a 38 spl. Cheap also talking about the nagant revolver not the mosin the mosin has the stopping power of 30-06.

Last edited:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Cindy, I did a fair amount of research on .380's last year before I bought mine. I finally settled on a Sig P-238 it handles great and fits the hand well especially with an extended 7 shot mag with pinky rest. The only thing I dont like about it is I think the grips are ugly as hell but I still haven't replaced them...

P-238.jpg

Here is a 15 yard target..

P-238target-1.jpg

iwas1ncthr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Anderson
    I think the general view is there due to #1 the media and also "left wing" rhetoric for the most. My wife for example is white/black/hispanic mixed yet is often called a "white/black"girl??? I guess because she uses proper English and dresses like a professional but she is also a hardline conservative and a very good shot. The looks she gets at the range are classic and even better after seeing the groups she makes with the 10/22 I built for her for Christmass last year :) To many times the anti gun side of life along with many femenists groups tend to bring this ideology into the masses. Look at Sarah Palin for example, once it was known she liked to hunt and shoot, the media went nuts on her and to this day has not quit. I think we need more females to speak up at places like NRA, become more involved in our tournaments, become shooting coaches for not only your daughters, but there is nothing more pridefull for me as a husband than to see my wife staning next to my 8yo son teaching him breathing, sight picture/alignment, trigger controle etc....... Being that she blows away the general sterotype, it keep a jar head and former LEO like myself one happy hubby :)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Cindy, I did a fair amount of research on .380's last year before I bought mine. I finally settled on a Sig P-238 it handles great and fits the hand well especially with an extended 7 shot mag with pinky rest. The only thing I dont like about it is I think the grips are ugly as hell but I still haven't replaced them...

P-238.jpg

Here is a 15 yard target..

P-238target-1.jpg

nice! the one i looked at was all black. i am still lusting after one...

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Women can be more dangerous than men.

Honestly, how many guys here go off alert when in the presence of a unknown woman as opposed to a man?

Previously guilty here.

Threats have no gender boundries and I never assume anymore that a female does not know her way around a firearm.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Recently bought a Ruger LC9 for CC. Nice step up in power from my LCP but not as bulky as one of my 45s. Comfortable to shoot and reasonably accurate considering the short barrel.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I've got a Bersa .380 Plus (15rd mag) that is my primary CC gun. I really like it, i do, but beware. I don't know whether it is the .380rd, size of the gun, or both but it has a very snappy recoil. Granted, i can keep all my shots center mass at 25yds, but i can't tack drive like i can with my SA .45 1911. The recoil is just VERY different to me and i'm somehow able to shoot more accurate with my .45 with is a much larger round.:dunno:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    today hubby and i went to a gun show. i am not one of those feminist types that thinks everyone is discriminating against me, but i did notice being ignored, and then one guy assumed that i had never shot, and was showing me stupid guns, and saying that hubby should show me, and then i should practice so i don't forget how to shoot. :rolleyes: We normally go shooting at least twice a month.
    Then went to a shop, and one guy tried to interest me in a .32, and told me it was a "sissy gun", and women like it because it has less kick. Looked him in the eye and said i have a .38 and a 9mm, i don't want a sissy gun.
    Now, this is not about all guys in general, when i bought my Glock, the guy was ex-military and shorter than me. He was very helpful and did not assume anything. i was very comfortable buying a gun from someone who was experienced and similar in stature.

S&W makes a nice little concealable gun, the BodyGuard. And i believe it has a integrated laser site as well. Also, i think someone in the forum here has one for sale in the classifieds. I haven't shot one, but have fondled a few. It is a bit small for my hands. It can easily be concealed in a front pocket of a pair of khakis.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a Smith and Wesson 642 that I sometimes I forget I have on me. Very light, but totally manageable. Very inexpensive as well, but if it's roughly the same size as the Charter Arms you have you might not find it beneficial.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I have a Smith and Wesson 642 that I sometimes I forget I have on me. Very light, but totally manageable. Very inexpensive as well, but if it's roughly the same size as the Charter Arms you have you might not find it beneficial.

My BIL has that S&W too. It is similar, but one advantage of the Smiths is that you can get the Desantis grip for them. I think i'd like that, or maybe the Bodyguard .38. I have a Sig P238 now, which works good for CCW, and is fun to shoot.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'd like to know more about your holsters. the holster i have now is a Kydex hybrid. yesterday i was wearing jeans and a loose fit athletic shirt, and it was not very noticeable, but when i climb into my vehicle, sit or bend over, it is very uncomfortable and i have to adjust it. i am 5'2", 140 lbs currently, but working on losing a bit.
    thanks

Hey CindyE, sorry it took me so long to answer you. Here is a link where I posted how I carry and what holsters I use. There are even some pictures to see how concealable they are.

Ladies....how do you carry? - Page 3 - INGunOwners

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Currently I have a keltec P3AT and it suits me perfectly for everyday carry.

You've got lots of choices. The P3AT seems to make it's owners pretty happy.

Confirmed. A P3AT is my daily carry. With a pocket holster it just disappears. Seems to weigh almost nothing.

Although I only have about 600 rounds through it so far, it has yet to have any kind of failure to feed, fire, or eject. Should be broken in soon. I'm just starting to trust it. :)

bsh01bsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    in the process of teaching my wife how to shoot a handgun for self defense reasons, i think it is great she wants to learn but of course she wants a pink gun lol

Top Bottom