Some craziness in Valpo today - hostage situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yup, the good news is no one but the gunman was seriously injured.

It would appear the boys in blue did a good job containing the situation and negotiating the release of the hostages.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    W

It would appear the boys in blue did a good job containing the situation and negotiating the release of the hostages.

Yes sir, a great job done by all the local agencies. Valparaiso Police, Valparaiso University Police, Porter County Sheriffs, Porter Police, Chesterton Police, Valparaiso Fire, Porter County SWAT and FBI. If I missed any, I apologize, but it appears they all kept the situation very well under control. And we no hostages were hurt.

Breaking News: Gunman dies!

Gunman dead following hostage standoff : Valparaiso News

supermahns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I work literally just a few buildings down connected to the Chuck's Bakery building. I work at Sherwin-Williams. Everyone around town seemed nonchalant about the whole situation. Hell a lot didn't even know what was going on. I wasn't able to see much since the perimeter was blocked off at a good distance. I'm still pretty surprised this happened literally 2 or 3 buildings down from me.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I work literally just a few buildings down connected to the Chuck's Bakery building. I work at Sherwin-Williams. Everyone around town seemed nonchalant about the whole situation. Hell a lot didn't even know what was going on. I wasn't able to see much since the perimeter was blocked off at a good distance. I'm still pretty surprised this happened literally 2 or 3 buildings down from me.

It was blocked off well from South Calumet, but at the intersection, people we standing along the burms at K-mart and First Source Bank Just watching. IMHO, I think the North, East and West side should've been sectiong off further out, but I guess they couldn't disrupt too many business? All in all though, still handled very well...

Top Bottom