• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAMOEDTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    GREENWOOD
    NOT sure if this post is in the right area or not but feel freeto move..
    i was needing some opinions from yall.. im a private contractor by trade, my type of work takes me to all the rough spots in INDPLS, north mitthoffer rd, north arlington ave 38th north shadeland ave,...well you get the picture. it aint purty!! all of my jobs are on home owners property, and also in the rough ass apartment complexes.. i ccw a g27 verry discretly but im just wondering how twisted the tables would be turned on me if i ever had to use it to defend my life considering that i would be on someone elses property..of course i know that this is the internet and youll hear all kinds of stuff but i was just looking for some general input .

thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are many many threads on INGO about the relative merits of CC vs. OC. You might start with the Search button at the top of the page.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    There are many many threads on INGO about the relative merits of CC vs. OC. You might start with the Search button at the top of the page.

I don't think he's asking about OC at all, just if he should carry on other's property.

As an answer, I truthfully couldn't tell you. What does your work say? Customer contracts? Legally, if you have a legal right to be there, you have the legal right to protect yours and others lives. Not saying you wouldn't lose your job, but if it's a good shoot, it's a good shoot.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think he's asking about OC at all, just if he should carry on other's property.

You're probably right, but it's not clear from his question. My take would be the old standby "concealed means concealed".

It sounds like the primary concern is "What happens after I have to use my gun?", not necessarily "What happens if I get made during the regular course of my day?". The answer to the former is, of course, "Ask your lawyer. There are too many variables and scenarios." The answer to the latter is well-covered on INGO.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    If a customer sees that you are carrying they might ask you to leave, you'll lose some money on the day. If you don't carry and something goes down you might not have to worry about working ever again. I'd conceal as much as possible, and if your Glock shows too much you might wanna think about getting something smaller. Just because it doesn't carry the same punch doesn't mean it can't save your life.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    If a customer sees that you are carrying they might ask you to leave, you'll lose some money on the day. If you don't carry and something goes down you might not have to worry about working ever again. I'd conceal as much as possible, and if your Glock shows too much you might wanna think about getting something smaller. Just because it doesn't carry the same punch doesn't mean it can't save your life.

QFT :+1:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    but im just wondering how twisted the tables would be turned on me if i ever had to use it to defend my life considering that i would be on someone elses property
    A justified shoot is a justified shoot.

Further, our laws lay out that you are legally able to defend yourself ANYWHERE that you are legally allowed to be.

So if you are legally on someone else's property and you are justified in using a weapon to defend yourself then its not a legal issue that will bite you in the butt.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    i was needing some opinions from yall.. im a private contractor by trade, my type of work takes me to all the rough spots in INDPLS, north mitthoffer rd, north arlington ave 38th north shadeland ave,...well you get the picture. it aint purty!! all of my jobs are on home owners property, and also in the rough ass apartment complexes.. i ccw a g27 verry discretly but im just wondering how twisted the tables would be turned on me if i ever had to use it to defend my life considering that i would be on someone elses property..of course i know that this is the internet and youll hear all kinds of stuff but i was just looking for some general input .

thanks

FWIW - What melensdad said and .... If I had to work in those areas...... Hell yes!!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot:

CAMOEDTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    GREENWOOD

As an answer, I truthfully couldn't tell you. What does your work say? Customer contracts? Legally, if you have a legal right to be there, you have the legal right to protect yours and others lives. Not saying you wouldn't lose your job, but if it's a good shoot, it's a good shoot.

YES you are right i was not asking about OC, but in general of ccw on other peoples property.and yes i have leagal work orders for me to be at said place at those times.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I like the old adage "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six." If you don't need to use a gun nobody will know you are armed. If you do need the gun, just thank god you had the gun to protect yourself.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

thanks

I work for IMPD and that area was my beat for 3 months in the first part of '07. I would strongly advise you to carry while you are out working those areas. The locals in those areas aren't too kind too strangers and if they think you make an easy target they will try to rob you, or worse. If you are carrying a gun legally it shouldn't matter whose property you are on, as long as you are there with permission of the homeowner and you have your LTCH on you. I personally don't care where someone carries a gun (unless it is somewhere firearms are prohibited by statute) and I even recommend it for a lot of areas of Indy.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yep, carry the SOB. If you have to shoot to defend your life, the life of a third party (who is not committing a forcible felony) or preventing grave bodily injury to yourself or that other person, then you are good to go.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I like the old adage "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six." If you don't need to use a gun nobody will know you are armed. If you do need the gun, just thank god you had the gun to protect yourself.

+1

This isn't a question to ask the experts on the intertubes... this is a question you must ask yourself. Would you rather be in prison or dead/maimed?

Anytime you use deadly force to defend yourself (despite the laws) there is a risk you might end up in prison. You need to decide for yourself if that risk is reason enough NOT to defend your life.

For me personally, it is more important that I can face my God on the day of judgment without fear.

CAMOEDTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    GREENWOOD

HOPEFULLY a customer never notices me carrying, but if they did see me, i hope that it would not turn it to a situation where they call the cops cause i gots a gun and some how it gets turned around that i was brandishing a weapon.. i would gladly leave and loose money on that job if i were asked to leave, but you know how society freaks out about guns:rolleyes:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Well if no one can tell you are carrying what is the problem? If you need to pull a gun you have a lot more problems then what the homewner or buisness thinks! Your life is more important then your job! You are doing the right thing!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I work for IMPD and that area was my beat for 3 months in the first part of '07. I would strongly advise you to carry while you are out working those areas. The locals in those areas aren't too kind too strangers and if they think you make an easy target they will try to rob you, or worse. If you are carrying a gun legally it shouldn't matter whose property you are on, as long as you are there with permission of the homeowner and you have your LTCH on you. I personally don't care where someone carries a gun (unless it is somewhere firearms are prohibited by statute) and I even recommend it for a lot of areas of Indy.

This about sums it up :yesway:

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I am the owner of a heating, cooling and refrigeration company, I have the same dilemma? There are a lot of people out there that would really crap there pants if they knew I carried on their property. The only time its a real problem is in the summer.

CAMOEDTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    GREENWOOD

WELL thanks for the advice, you know exactly what im talkin about on that side of town:ar15: i think this about sums it up on this thread!! thanks again for every ones input. and my hat is off to you FRANK_N_STEIN for putting your life on the line every day for us good fellowed citizens.

Top Bottom