• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Soldier balks at deploying; says Obama isn’t president - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com

I like some of the comments. Very level-headed replies.

thefacts wrote on 07/14/2009 04:41:39 AM:
    As a practicing, VERY successful, and wealthy attorney, I can ASSURE you the soldier is on very solid legal ground. Obama is NOT Constitutionally qualified to hold the office of President - and it has nothing to do with his birthplace. The courts have held BOTH parents MUST BE U.S. CITIZENS in order for a child born ANYWHERE to qualify as a "natural born citizen". Obama admitted in his book that his father was NEVER a Citizen, therefore Obama can NEVER legally qualify to be President..(U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 5, "No person except A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.") Only VERY ignorant persons still believe Obama is legally qualified! I am making this legal issue job #1!

Initially, I did not doubt Obama's U.S. birth. However, I have never actually seen contemporary evidence of it. The longer he stonewalls about producing a contemporary long-form birth certificate, the more doubt it raises. I have to assume there is something on his original birth certificate that he does not want us to see.

The author claims, Actually, Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state."

This is factually an incorrect statement. This issue continues to be controversial because Obama refuses to provided certified, documentary evidence of the place of his birth. The one, and only, birth certificate listing his birth in Hawaii has been proven to be corrupted and a fraud. No official birth certificate from any State of Country has been published.

Therefore, you cannot with honesty say, Actually, Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state." No documentation exists to verify this statement.

This matter continues to be suspect simply because Obama will NOT provide documented evidence that he is eligible to be a candidate for the United States Presidency. Everyone continues to ask, "why won't he provide the documentation? Every other candidate for this Office has done so. It seems to me you refuse to provide evidence because there is none.

His own grandmother says she was at his birth in Kenya AND he applied to Occidental College as a foreign student and non-US citizen.

Requires a minute or two to produce your ORIGINAL Birth Certificate.

Countless SEALED records,,, from educational to medical,,,,what are you hiding OBAMA?

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    Will we ever know? This guy is a total scam artist. Why would they ever give us that information? Why didnt this get checked more in the race to pick the democrat running? Why, why, why do we have a president now that this question arises? Sorry for the rant.

I cant stand this guy. Could this country not pick someone that was a least qualified?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Similar to Mike New's case where he refused to serve under the UN in Macedonia:

Michael New - Mercenary... or American Soldier

On October 10, 1995, the 1/15 Battalion of the 3rd infantry Division of the U.S. Army came to attention at 0900 in Schweinfurt, Germany. All but one of the 550 soldiers were wearing a sky-blue baseball-style cap with a United Nations insignia on the front. One was wearing the olive-drab flat cap that is authorized to be worn with the Battle Dress Uniform. With this simple act of disobeying a direct order, Spc. 4 Michael New set the stage for a legal battle that has profound implications for the future of American soldiers into service of the United Nations without the constitutional permission of Congress.

There are all kinds of CO's, usually just get discharged. The ones who refuse for conservative reasons are just rare.

I doubt it will go anywhere other than discharge.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Though I am suspicious of all the sleight of hand surrounding Obama's deflection of the birthplace issue, it really is not up to each individual soldier to adjudge the fitness of his commaders and refuse lawful orders based on those individual judgments.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Though I am suspicious of all the sleight of hand surrounding Obama's deflection of the birthplace issue, it really is not up to each individual soldier to adjudge the fitness of his commaders and refuse lawful orders based on those individual judgments.
    It is. He swore to protect and uphold the constitution. That is what he is doing.:patriot:

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i can only hope this gets more news coverage. this guy has guts. you have to give him that. i wish him well.

i have to challenge the idea that the Major is disobeying lawful orders. A usurper to the office of President is unable to give a lawful order, because he does not have the authority to give any orders, since he can not be President if he is not a natural born citizen, which there is sufficient reason to doubt, given the subterfuge and obfuscation of the issue by the administration and the Obama faction.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have to disagree with you on this one. If not the soldier then whom. What if it was 500 or 5000 soldiers refusing orders given by a false president? This has got to start somewhere and those in charge are not taking the stand to straighten this issue out.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd love to see this go somewhere. Right now, only our military has the advantage and ability to bring this issue to light. I agree. If this doesn't start in the military, then where? The media is silencing WND.com by taking down their billboards asking simply, "Where's the Birth Certificate?". Politicians won't do it in fear of losing votes. Obviously the Supreme Court won't take the cases.

Only a military inquiry is going to do any good. Now we just need the brass to have the balls to do something about it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The military is subordinate to civilian authority. This is a civilian political question and is not the province of individual members of the military to judge whether a lawfully elected (as far as we know) and inaugurated president is legitimate. I don't want Obama as president, but I also do not want to see the disintegration of all military discipline by freelance political pundits in uniform acting on suspicions and conjecture.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So our military Justice system has no say at all here? They don't have the reason or authority to question their highest in command? That's just asinine. It's not JUST a civilian problem. As this guy states, if obamatard isn't natural born, he isn't qualified to give orders and any orders being followed that involve death and destruction would be the same as if you or I had ordered a soldier to do so.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So our military Justice system has no say at all here? They don't have the reason or authority to question their highest in command? That's just asinine. It's not JUST a civilian problem. As this guy states, if obamatard isn't natural born, he isn't qualified to give orders and any orders being followed that involve death and destruction would be the same as if you or I had ordered a soldier to do so.

I'd take it a step further and say without declaring war with a country, actions taken within would be just as asinine...to selective kill groups of people because we deem them as threats on foreign land.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Yes, that's correct, absolutely no say. The Founders set it up so that the military is always subordinate to the civilian authority. That's the rule of law, not whoever wants to can make it up as they go.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

The military justice system will have a say. This soldier will go to a Court Martial, be convicted, and spend some time making little rocks out of big rocks.

CarmelHP is right.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I'd have to agree with Carmel as well, if only because the implications of the military allowing to decide the validity of civilian authority are disastrous.

If they're allowed to decide whether or not the President is legal, then what stops them from deciding that about you, me, or anyone else. I doubt it would happen, but I wouldn't want to set up the precedent for a military dictatorship or oligarchy.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I remember the term "lawful order". You do NOT have to obey an illegal order.
    If the soldier believes that Osamabama is not a natural citizen, then he has a good arguement.

Of course, the old saying goes:
    "Military Justice" is a contradiction.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't believe you people! You act as if the people of the Military have no justice. Why do they have no right or say in this? If he truly is a foriegn national they have the OBLIGATION to bring it to light. They have the obligation to find out the truth if we cannot do so. No where in the Constitution does it say that the military cannot bring this issue up. It doesn't say they cannot investigate the President.

Why would you think they cannot do this? Show me the Code or Law that says they have no right to investigate this.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I remember the term "lawful order". You do NOT have to obey an illegal order.
    If the soldier believes that Osamabama is not a natural citizen, then he has a good arguement.

Of course, the old saying goes:
    "Military Justice" is a contradiction.

Sure, the man may think that Obama is not a legal citizen, and that's well within his right. However, the law stands as is. He is legal until proven otherwise. If he is committing a crime, he is innocent until proven guilty (Obama, I mean). Unfortunately, the civilian courts are the only courts able to take the case. A military tribune cannot take the case. But they can take the case of the soldier who is willfully disobeying laws from a currently legal higher authority, regardless of his personal belief.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sure, the man may think that Obama is not a legal citizen, and that's well within his right. However, the law stands as is. He is legal until proven otherwise. If he is committing a crime, he is innocent until proven guilty (Obama, I mean). Unfortunately, the civilian courts are the only courts able to take the case. A military tribune cannot take the case. But they can take the case of the soldier who is willfully disobeying laws from a currently legal higher authority, regardless of his personal belief.

By this line of thinking, that would mean that no military personnel could ever disobey a direct order if it is an illegal order just because he thinks it is an illegal order.

Doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom