• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I think it goes all the way through the handle but am not for sure. My seal pup has had the crap beat out of it over the years and I never had a problem with blade breakage.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I guess I don't have much experience with SOG.

Does anyone use one of these for "hard" use, such as law enforcement or military? Would you trust your life to it if you had to?

Has anyone tried the upgraded sheath that SOG makes for this puppy? (molded plastic vs. the nylon)

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I emailed SOG about this but have not heard back yet, hopefully because of the holidays. I assume their rumored great customer service will get back to me. In case anyone cares, I'll post when I hear back.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I guess I don't have much experience with SOG.

Does anyone use one of these for "hard" use, such as law enforcement or military? Would you trust your life to it if you had to?

Has anyone tried the upgraded sheath that SOG makes for this puppy? (molded plastic vs. the nylon)

I've had mine (regular seal pup not the elite) for at least 5 years and it's done well. I'm NG and my seal pup is the only knife mounted on my "kit." I'll post pics when I get back in town after holidays. I use the kydex sheath.

Define trust with your life. As in CQB or self defense? Rescue tool? What situations are you trying to get in or out of?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    in the military trials and tests, they didn't break any. it was suspected they WOULD, but did not. this is on the full sized knife, not the more compact version. i would assume durability would be the same.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had a regular seal pup, and there's nothing wrong with those knives. I took mine camping and bear hunting and it did all that it was asked.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Reply from SOG about full tang:

"Yes, all of our fixed blade knives, including the SEAL Pup Elite are designed with full tang construction."

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom