• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    has anyone had decent luck mounting optics on an M1A, specifically a SOCOM II? I picked one up for a decent deal last week but.. I'm unsure what to put on top of it exactly.

iron sights has a superb cheek weld but I've tried mounting my EOTech on it.. as well as a Bushnell Red Dot I had laying around and everything is just too high. if I try and look thru the optic its less of a cheek weld and more of a.. jaw weld.. probably not ideal that.

anyone have decent options?

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I put a Ultimak m8 rail on mine and am able to use a Aimpoint H-1 red dot which will co-winess with the original sights. The Ultimak allows for the lowest mounting of a scope or red dot. You'll have to remove the Socom scope mount then the Ultimak installs and fits perfectly.

The M14forum.com is the best site to learn about the M1a/M14 platform, the members on there will happily give you all and any info you'd need for this platform.

Ultimak & Aimpoint.jpg

Last edited:

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Ditch all that wobbly cumbersome Socom II cluster Pluck front end.

Scope wise

pick up a Basset low mount- Easy 1/2 moa return to zero all the time... Mine seems to return to zero all the time no 1/2 moa

http://www.bassettmachine.com/prod_smhi.htm

if you want a reciever based scope mount on a socom get something low power like a 1-6 or 2-4. Alan has some nice vortex optics that will be in that power range and go together like fecal matter on a shingle.... Talk to Alan 42769Vette.... That man knows more about scopes than all the engineers at US Optics and Nightforce combined. I am waiting to buy stock in Vette Scopes.

Red dot or Reflex
    Use this and no replacements for it. It puts the springfield scout mount to shame

Midwest Industries: MI M14/M1A Mini Dot Mount

If you want to cowitness your Irons you are going to need a midwest industries scout mount and a Aimpoint T1 or RMR and it will lower 1/3rd cowitness

I run a trjicon dual illuminated RMR on a midwest mount on my scout and I couldnt be happier.

If you are near or happen to visit the southside at all give me a holler and we will get together and Ill let you fiddle with my scout.

Top Bottom