So you're going to your first 1500? Read this!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Stop by the jerky booth, there is some awesome stuff there.

Be prepared to spend more than you planned, I ended up with four T shirts, six bags of jerky, a magpul MOS forearm for my AR, a daniel defense sling mount for my AR, a lockpick kit(it seemed cool at the time) and an INGO hat. So far, the INGO hat is my favorite pickup, thanks Que.

Sign in at the INGO booth, buy INGO stuff.

Come see me at the Indy Trading Post table, I'm wearing an INGO hat.

Stop by the NRA booth and vote for board members

Spend 40 dollers on two drinks and a cheeseburger

Buy some ammo

Expect to step on feet and have yours stepped on.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    friday i had taylor lautners stunt double right in front of me... i complimented him on his shampoo. he looked at me with some crazy eyes. certainly the busiest friday i have seen at the 1500 in a while. at 330 pm, i was doing good to make it down an aisle within 15 minutes.

i noticed we had a bunch of people standing in the aisle on cell phones and holding family reunions.. sure is nice of them to clog the walkways.. :thumbsup:

saw a 10/22 with the barrel covered 3/4ths in rust (im not joking). guy said he couldnt take any less than 185 for it. i loled and walked away.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    The problem with the 1500 is space. Period. I know most people would gladly pay $15 for a ticket if it meant there were a little more space. Of course then, you lose the experience as previously described, but.....

And, to be honest, I've never found that elusive "deal" there. I do far better with the local gun shop and with online. Why waste the money and time on the 1500 when it hold very little to interest me?

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    I went to my first 1500 today. I didn't think it was all that bad. Might of had to wait in a 10 minute line to get in the door, but not much anywhere else. I did go to the bathroom and there was no line to wait, I got a bottle of water and there was maybe 5 people infront of me. After reading this thread I expected the whole place to be completely packed and I would even be able to move around, it wasn't that bad. I covered the whole show in about 2 hours, but I knew what I was looking for and didn't care to waste time looking at anything I had no interest in. I sure didn't find any great deal on what I was looking for. Actually found a couple used that were priced higher then you can buy a new one.

I walked away with an INGO shirt and thats about it.

+1 to all of this. It was my first one, I knew what I was looking for and found it within an hour. Spent the next 2.5 hours just walking the aisles and we were out of there by 11:30, just as it started to get fairly crowded.

It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. I'll be a regular attendee.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    First time for our family. My dad got his camera confiscated because its so dangerous. Signed the INGO target and talked to Que. Then dad dropped a Phoenix .22 on my moms foot so they had to buy it because it got scratched. Overall good experience. Wasn't too packed or stinky.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    First time for our family. My dad got his camera confiscated because its so dangerous. Signed the INGO target and talked to Que. Then dad dropped a Phoenix .22 on my moms foot so they had to buy it because it got scratched. Overall good experience. Wasn't too packed or stinky.

Guess thats one way to get the gun you want. LOL. How did he drop a handgun? Every handgun I saw at the show was tethered to the others, well maybe not at PSS both.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    And, to be honest, I've never found that elusive "deal" there. I do far better with the local gun shop and with online. Why waste the money and time on the 1500 when it hold very little to interest me?

If you're looking for "mainstream" kinda stuff like Glocks and AR's then you probably will do better buying online or on INGO once you factor in gas, entry, and incidentals. I go to the show because it's a rare chance to see so much at once. Guns of every kind are sitting right out to see and handle. Also, I see things at the show that I don't see anywhere else. I don't normally get a chance to go to a store and see Blind Horse Knives or a Civil War musket or other things of that nature.

This show had me asking myself if it was worth the parking trouble, long lines to get in, high entry fee, and fighting through crowds to see that stuff though. I could probably get the same effect going to a smaller show.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Guess thats one way to get the gun you want. LOL. How did he drop a handgun? Every handgun I saw at the show was tethered to the others, well maybe not at PSS both.

It was at Targett Faul. They weren't tethered to anything. Seema like they should've been to preventing dropping/stealing

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It was at Targett Faul. They weren't tethered to anything. Seema like they should've been to preventing dropping/stealing

i was at a show once and a dealer had all his guns tied together. somone tried to steal a 300 dollar handgun by putting it in his pocket. he walked away and guns started comming off the table includinga mint smith model 29. it beat the smith (and other guns up) pretty bad. the dealer defintally woudl have been better off giving the theif the 300 dollar gun than taking the damage on the others. long story short tieing guns to prevent stealing might be a bad idea

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    i was at a show once and a dealer had all his guns tied together. somone tried to steal a 300 dollar handgun by putting it in his pocket. he walked away and guns started comming off the table includinga mint smith model 29. it beat the smith (and other guns up) pretty bad. the dealer defintally woudl have been better off giving the theif the 300 dollar gun than taking the damage on the others. long story short tieing guns to prevent stealing might be a bad idea

Semi-related:

I couldn't hear the PA too clearly, did someone attempt to snatch an AR and run out the door on Saturday afternoon?

Top Bottom