So with divided control between the house & senate...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...and Keeping America Great :patriot: will be a done deal for 2020. ;)

Those fools refuse to learn. Do they not understand that the Kavanagh debacle cost them dearly? :dunno:

That does not appear to be the case, at least as of November 2018... so far as Trump's role is concerned. It's fairly obvious, that some people who voted for Trump regretted their decision. Let's see if he can may inroads in winning them back... with what, I'm not so sure. I mean he has a number of things he can hang his hat on, that are positive.... and people STILL left the bandwagon. Short of pulling $100s out of his clown shoes, and handing them out, I'm not sure what other tricks he has. Maybe he can find a way to vilify Eskimos.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That does not appear to be the case, at least as of November 2018... so far as Trump's role is concerned. It's fairly obvious, that some people who voted for Trump regretted their decision. Let's see if he can may inroads in winning them back... with what, I'm not so sure. I mean he has a number of things he can hang his hat on, that are positive.... and people STILL left the bandwagon. Short of pulling $100s out of his clown shoes, and handing them out, I'm not sure what other tricks he has. Maybe he can find a way to vilify Eskimos.

:)
    Trump beat all expectations, just like he has all along. You'll have another six years of trying to tell us not to believe our own eyes. The resistance will keep you supplied with talking points.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

ubabr96.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One would think people might just be getting a bit tired of “investigations!”

How bout we get back to taking care of the people’s business for the betterment of this nation instead of harassing the President?

Have the Democrats offered anything other than resistance and hatred?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The past two years have shown that the only time Republican politicians are concerned with the rights or interests of the American people is when Democrats are in charge, and they can use fear to motivate their base.

This election will prompt more to Republican lawmakers to act more like Republicans, and less like mandate-wielding statist demagogues. I think that is a good thing.

I've often said republicans tend to grow spines when they're hungry. If only the lessons they learn were permanent.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It'll be interesting to see how Trump reacts. He's a deal maker and we'll see if he's the conservative his die hard supporters think that he is or if he's the pragmatic deal maker.

I hope it's the former but I wouldn't wager serious money on it. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Posturing and status quo. Both sides now have a "bogeyman" to blame and use for fear mongering. No major pricing swings unless we have another Newtown or such.

After the news about California shooting this morning, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the new House members jump on a bill.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

I think Trump did pretty well overall. Senators are mostly who he campaigned for and most of them won. I think gerrymandering at the state level, especially in Pennsylvania, is what affected the HoR results so much...and even with that Trump and the Repubs still did pretty well.

1541608375960_png-731206.JPG

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I mean, what magic wand does Trump have right !?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think Trump did pretty well overall. Senators are mostly who he campaigned for and most of them won. I think gerrymandering at the state level, especially in Pennsylvania, is what affected the HoR results so much...and even with that Trump and the Repubs still did pretty well.

1541608375960_png-731206.JPG

and yet the fake news is spinning it as a major defeat for trump

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    and yet the fake news is spinning it as a major defeat for trump

I haven't really seen this. In fact, they backed off (from what I could tell) the "blue wave" thing pretty quick. Granted, I don't watch CNN/CNBC/don't even know all the other ones I don't watch, but my sense is that they've presented this as a mixed bag.

I mean, c'mon, netting out with more Republican senators in a midterm is no small feat. If you're worried about impeachment, that's the chamber that really matters.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It'll be interesting to see how Trump reacts. He's a deal maker and we'll see if he's the conservative his die hard supporters think that he is or if he's the pragmatic deal maker.

I hope it's the former but I wouldn't wager serious money on it. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

^^^^ This right here. Trump isn't a conservative and isn't really a Republican. He is whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. They've lined up with some conservative goals, so far, but get ready for the wailing to begin when he "reaches across the aisle" to get the stuff he wants done.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dealmaking is about giving up the stuff you don't care about, for stuff you want.

I don't think Trump really cares about 2A stuff, so I'm concerned.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Trump isn't a conservative and isn't really a Republican.

Why do people keep making this claim? He ran through the Republican primary race. He filled his cabinet with the kind of people you'd expect from any Republican administration.

And so he now defines the Republican mainstream.

Trump is the Republican Party. Wherever you disagree with Trump, it's not that his opinion is outside the Republican platform; yours is. The Republicans in office have lined up behind him. What he says is what they try to do.

I suspect that many people who have long considered themselves Republicans have found areas where they cannot support Trump. I know that description fits me. But that doesn't mean Trump is outside the Republican Party. It means that I am outside the Republican Party.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dealmaking is about giving up the stuff you don't care about, for stuff you want.

Bingo. Hopefully he cares about re-election and will act accordingly to keep his base.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    ^^^^ This right here. Trump isn't a conservative and isn't really a Republican. He is whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. They've lined up with some conservative goals, so far, but get ready for the wailing to begin when he "reaches across the aisle" to get the stuff he wants done.

Legal marijuana most likely, there is some speculation it's one of the reasons Jeff Sessions had to go - Jeff wouldn't go along with it. It could be a good move, legalizing marijuana polls higher than 50% with both Ds and Rs...so it's something Trump/Rs can give up to get something they really want. Looking forward strategically:
    1.) It may attract some independents/libertarians to the R side in 2020.
    2.) Once legal, it may make the potheads stay home. I think the pot vote was a motivating factor in Michigan going blue in the 2018 midterms.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Legal marijuana most likely, there is some speculation it's one of the reasons Jeff Sessions had to go - Jeff wouldn't go along with it. It could be a good move, legalizing marijuana polls higher than 50% with both Ds and Rs...so it's something Trump/Rs can give up to get something they really want. Looking forward strategically:
    2.) Once legal, it may make the potheads stay home. I think the pot vote was a motivating factor in Michigan going blue in the 2018 midterms.

I think this will for sure get some Libertarians to turn Republican. It seemed as if Lucy Brenton's platform was all about legalizing marijuana.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think total legalization of recreational marijuana is bad idea.

Legitimate medical use, and using non THC components as supplements, I have no problem with.

That's not my highest priority in terms of voting, but if given a choice between 2 pro-2A candidates (probably in the primary) with differing marijuana positions, I'd probably select the more restrictive one.

Top Bottom