• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've seen a 5/3rd branch with a little "no guns" sticker on the door. It looked like an old S&W 39 inside a circle with the line through it. I'm ok, though, because the pistol I carry doesn't look anything like a Model 39. And if I carry a revolver, I'm really safe!

The branch I normally "do business" with has no such stickers. I carry routinely in there, too.

-J-

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Warning..... You have been...... :hijack:

--->
    1230787.3045554.JPG
    <----

Tell me we're not allowing ourselves to be taken advantage of.

:+1:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I've seen a 5/3rd branch with a little "no guns" sticker on the door. It looked like an old S&W 39 inside a circle with the line through it. I'm ok, though, because the pistol I carry doesn't look anything like a Model 39.
    :lol2:

A good, sound legal defense, if I ever heard one.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I can't remember the last time I actually went inside the bank, if I can't do my business at the atm, online, or in the drive-thru... I guess I could go inside... but I haven't been inside a bank in 2 years. I'd CC in a bank though for sure. So when someone fires off a few rounds and tells me to hit the floor, as I'm getting down I'm drawing.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    When I was young, every bank had at least one armed guard in the lobby. Bank robberies were popular in the movies, but rarely happened in real life.

Somewhere along the line (in furtherance of their goal to put more of OUR money into THEIR pockets) banks realized, "Hey! The money is insured by the federal government. We don't need to pay someone to stand around protecting it." "We'll get rid of the armed guards, and if any ne'er-do-wells come in to take the money, we'll just give it to them."

In the late 1980s, I worked as an armed guard for a company in San Antonio, Texas. For about a year I was assigned to a bank. I stood in the lobby, in uniform, Ruger GP100 on the belt, all day long. Very boring work.

In any event, all bank guards had explicit instructions to take no action in the event of a robbery. In fact, we were told to make ourselves as invisible as possible and never, never, try to interfere.

The bank didn't care about the money. The bank did care that some idiot guard would try to play hero and end up in a "gun battle" with the robbers and that lots of inoccent customers would be injured.. and sue the bank.

medicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Brown County
    I've seen a 5/3rd branch with a little "no guns" sticker on the door.
    The 5/3rd in Nashville has that sticker. I was told that it is corporate policy. However, I have not seen signs on other branches (Columbus branch for example). I go by the What They Don't Know Won't Hurt Them principle :)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't bank at 5/3 but I might have to stop by one in the area and see if there's a sign there. Maybe if I see one I'll walk in and tell them that I was wanting to open an account to put my $5 million inheritance but didn't feel safe there because of the no guns allowed sign.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Never mind I've never even heard of Free Republic, nor have any real Pet issues......

Fair enough. I'm just here to talk about guns. You can always bring up non-gun issues in the politics subforum, if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom