• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I won't even leave my gun IN the car...

Why not?

Transport laws in IL were, up until July 1, 2011, actually LESS restrictive than in IN.

May or may not be the case with you individually, but far far far far too many Hoosiers just don't know how easy / simple it is to transport firearms in and through IL.

I've even taken a few of my guns and, gasp, SHOT them in IL.

-J-

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    That guy NEEDS to be locked up. If someone were to get a hold of that weapon and..... OR if some kid were to get a hold of that weapon and.......

Crap like that gives ALL firearms owners a bad name!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    the Lansing/Munster/Hammond/Crete etc etc border is very hairy... but if your going to be anywhere near those areas, you should check where one ends and the other starts
    You mean there's not a wall trying to keep people in IL and ideas out?

Indy Guy, it may be easy to carry them through (and not stop while there) but the IN/OUT is the part that always get me, I'm not a huge fan of racking the slide in public, and sending live ammo flying (only 3ft and I usually keep it in the car, but I have had it hit the ground before) when clearing the chamber on the way in and showing anyone in sight that I'm no unarmed and out of reach of the guns, or loading up at the first stop when I get out, some of those rest stops really make the slide racking echo. Even if I'm OCing I try to be discrete about manipulating the firearm, and always feel like there's eyes on me when it's get loaded/unloaded (and when I carry 2 it's twice the fun!:rolleyes:). As part of that safe transport law, the Feds should also require IL (or any state not allowing carry by non-residents OR,CA,MY,NY,NJ) to pay (state money no federal funding) for clearing barrels and firearm loading/unloading stations on the other side of the IL boarder on every road that goes in/out of the state since they provide no means for us to bear our arms, only to keep them; if it's a reasonable measure for everyone to want for the 1500....IL Democrats just "found" a bunch of money in their budget today too.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't think he realized I was using part of his quote to answer drysdaleg...
    But that's OK. Maybe he's blonde, too. :D

This thread makes me so happy to have a big ass river between me and my neighboring state and the fact that the state is Kentucky where even liberal commie hippies have at least two or three guns and believe in carrying.

Here is for the Blonde comment jetgril!:D

an oldie but a goodie..:):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxFYwNLv67s&feature=related[/ame]

Top Bottom