SO WHO HATES RIDICULOUS SHIPPING CHARGES?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    There is no such thing as free shipping. It's included in the price or separate from it. You pay either way.

I really don't think that I got 4 Goodyear Wranglers in 245/70-17 shipped from Georgia for "free".

As i tell my son whenever he said something about "free books" or "free wifi" at college....it's included, not free. If it was free, I could go there and grab me some textbooks and walk out.

^^^THIS!^^^

As I always say, "Nothing is free, nothing!" Somebody absorbs the cost of shipping one way or another. I just had this same conversation with Mrs. Helix about the "free breakfast" at our hotel (we just got back from a short mini-vacation in Michigan). The cost is in there somewhere, and basically what it comes down to is that they are charging us for it whether we eat it or not. We are being "forced" to pay for breakfast every day even if we don't use it. Pretty cool deal for the hotel actually and yet they make it look like a major perk for their guests.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So should the common carriers adopt a sliding scale based on the value of the item in the box? Should they deliver your screws for free? Does a 4x4x4 box with $2 screws cost the carriers less to deliver than a 4x4x4 box containing a $600 RMR? Does it cost me less to drive to Lowes to buy a 5c split washer than it does to drive to lowes to buy a $800 Maytag washer?

Can we beat this dead horse any more? :):

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    6ed.gif

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I tried to purchase a USB turtle once. The one I wanted was close to $200. I found one on ebay for 50 with 150 shipping but the seller was located in mooresville so I contacted him to purchase it. He told me I MUST pay shipping in spite of the fact that he agreed on a ftf transaction. Canceled and reported to ebay and I'm sure they handled it properly! :n00b:

Apparently auto correct reads turn table as turtle!:lol2:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The opposite side of the coin is the "free shipping" outfits who use shippers that will intentionally let product sit at their location to avoid beating their original posted ship date. :xmad:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I tried to purchase a USB turtle once. The one I wanted was close to $200. I found one on ebay for 50 with 150 shipping but the seller was located in mooresville so I contacted him to purchase it. He told me I MUST pay shipping in spite of the fact that he agreed on a ftf transaction. Canceled and reported to ebay and I'm sure they handled it properly! :n00b:

Apparently auto correct reads turn table as turtle!:lol2:

I wondered what a Turtle needed with a USB....but, hey, you can only keep up so much with technology....:P

Top Bottom