• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I received this email this morning. Funny thing is that there are still 33RD mags listed for sale on their website...

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]You recently listed the following listing:

140902223855 - Glock 33 round 9mm Magazine G 17 18 19 26 34

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed a magazine designed with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. This is a violation of our Firearms, weapons, and knives policy.

Weapons and their components listed on eBay US, must comply with the California Penal Code covering the sale of weapons. For this reason, High-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed. For safety concerns and in order to follow laws and regulations, we restrict the kinds of weapons and accessories that can be sold on eBay.

We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy and this notice is simply to make sure that you are aware of it going forward. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in not relisting the magazine.

Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.

eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing.

For more information on our policy, please review visit the Firearms section of the following link: Firearms, weapons, and knives policy

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
    Prohibited and restricted items

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
    http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Query=1338&Domain=Homer_EOA&From=16395
    We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay
    [/FONT]

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    I seen people selling them as 10 round wink wink mags. I dont know if that is helping them. Also they are taking them apart and taking a picture and selling as a rebuild kit.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    All mags in excess of 10 rounds have always been verboten on eBay. Their guidelines follow CA state law. Some people attempt to circumvent this by doing 1 day auctions. The eBay Nazis normally don't catch the 1 day listings. I have seen automatic knives sold the same way.

Dorian Gray

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    There are SO many auctions that as long as you dont use certain "buzz words" you'll be fine unless someone turns you in. I notice some folks are saying 10 rounds x3 in their auction lol

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I received a similar email but from the buyers side rather than the sellers. Thing that surprised me was that it was a magpul ms3 sling. Somehow it violated their terms?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I don't get it. I've been watching P-Mags selling like hotcakes over the last couple of weeks (30 round capacity) and just logged onto eBay and found all kinds of mags for handguns and rifles with more than 10-round capacity.

What's the issue? :dunno:

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    just put a buy it now price and set your auction to the least amount of time as you can. you'd be surprised how quick it will go.:twocents:

t-trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a similar email from them and they pulled my listing for a pre-ban Federal Ordinance under-folding stock last month.
    After "talking" with them for 1/2 hour came to find out that if I listed it in the "other" category instead of "parts" or "stock" I could list it. It went back on and sold in minutes.
    As was mentioned there are tons of mags on there that say '10 rounds' or 'will hold ten rounds' and all you had to do was see the size of it and most listed them pictured next to a ruler of some sorts.
    The whole thing is dependent on the wording.
    You can't use certain BUZZ words or certain catagories. They search for them and end the auction.

Top Bottom