• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I worked 2 domestics (one with an arrest), peeping tom, PI, DOA (91 y.o.), and an ID. But, it warmed my heart when 2 teenage Asian boys helped pull out a car stuck in the mud that had been run off the road. The family in the car was obviously not that well off, and they looked a little rough (the INGO term would be "urban"). After they pulled out the vehicle, the family offered to pay them $40. The boys declined the offer repeatedly. Then they all exchanged hugs on the highway. One of the few really touching things I've ever witnessed. It choked me up.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I worked 2 domestics (one with an arrest), peeping tom, PI, DOA (91 y.o.), and an ID. But, it warmed my heart when 2 teenage Asian boys helped pull out a car stuck in the mud that had been run off the road. The family in the car was obviously not that well off, and they looked a little rough (the INGO term would be "urban"). After they pulled out the vehicle, the family offered to pay them $40. The boys declined the offer repeatedly. Then they all exchanged hugs on the highway. One of the few really touching things I've ever witnessed. It choked me up.

Me too. There's a lot of good people out there, sometimes when you least expect.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The Spirit is still alive.
    People still give.
    Sad we so seldom here about it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Thank you all!

Chewy was a good boy. He was our handicapped dog.... only 9.
    He could crawl around the house and play with the other dogs just not walk.
    NO prior indication this was going to happen. He has an occasional mile seizure maybe 1 in a month time frame, we had him on meds for that.
    He was in the kitchen with me last night eating hard boiled eggs with the other dogs while I was making stuff for dinner today.
    Completely fine, none of that moping or not eating or whining stuff.
    He was alive and well when my kid went to bed after watching movies all night till 4.
    By 9 this am he was gone. Totally out of the blue. He had a little bit of blood out of this nose, on his paws.
    I don't know if he heart went or if he seized and died.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Former Indianapolis Colts player arrested in Greenwood | WISH-TV

Sounds like one of those domestic runs may have involved a former Colts player.

And based on the report, there's a good chance his brother is an INGOer. Somebody's in trouble? Grab the AR. Let's roll.

If the brother touched off the round, why the hell was Tipton Junior arrested? Methinks the reporting might be a little wanting on this one.

Really sorry to hear that Printcraft, a good dog is a great thing.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I worked Christmas Eve too. Wast bad until 8ish then all hell broke loose. We ran non stop until I got off at midnight.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    We are half way thru our shift and so far so good, nothing major or serious. As a crew, we just set down for a wonderful supper and now need a little time to digest. Most memorable Christmas Eve/Christmas Day I worked was 13-14 yrs ago when our day stated with chimney fire that burned up the tree and everything under it; dad had just remodeled the entire home to include installing a new woodburner with triple wall chimney, too close to the vinyl siding. At 10pm Christmas Eve we were sent to an INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT, man trapped in a machine. On arrival we found a gentleman in his front yard, near a pile of dirt he dug up to expose the sewer pipe. He was using a powered sewer snake to clean out a backed up drain in the house. He was on his stomach, face into the machine. A house full of the entire family looked on out the window. When we asked the other gentleman in the yard what happened, he replied "he leaned to close to the "snake" and now his beard is caught in the machine." At this time we shined a light on him and found, honest to god, a very realistic, Santa LOOK-A-LIKE with flowing white beard wrapped tightly in the coil of cable. A few minutes later "Santa, and his beard" were snipped free and the sewer was unclogged. Our last run of the night (0530 Christmas morning) was a heart attack of a grandmother, and it was not a good for that family. Highs and lows that day, but going home to to my family for Christmas made it all better. Merry Christmas to ALL.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Thank you to all of you folks that protect the rest of us.

At some point I hope you find your true calling and happiness like this guy did.

"It turned out our Santa is retired military and used to be in law enforcement – apprehending bad guys. Then sometime after he retired, he found his true calling."

From Rory's blog. Good read.

santa baby | This Life I Live

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Christmas is just another day for a lot of people now.

It has been nothing more than a day of presents for decades now, nothing new.

This is true. A long time ago, I had a boss (owner of a family owned store/gas station/bait shop/hardware store/etc.) quip "that once the presents are opened, Christmas is over....might as well go on in to work".

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yesterday, dodged a East District homicide investigation that is a goat rodeo, glad I didn't catch it. We get off at 2pm, my neighboring beat caught the run at noon, they went home at 10PM.......just to be back at 530AM to start the workday today. Merry Christmas :n00b:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Most of us can't appreciate having you guys out there willing to do what you do for us every day, never mind days like this. Those of us hapless enough to need you too seldom do. My first wife died Dec 22, (years ago, we've gotten past it) and I got to meet about half the police and fire personnel. But for a couple of days...

So, thank you.

The extended family has done the drawing thing for some years, had a nice dinner, fun exchange, and a relaxing time. It's been great, I highly recommend it. Most of us are scattered over the planet this year, so we're up in the fort with m'lady's family, and that's been just great too.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Numerous crashes yesterday. Also a few domestics, a very drunk driver, and then someone backed into my car. Didn't hurt the car too badly at least.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    We had zero calls between 6am and 1pm Christmas day, last night was rediclous. I hope the rain keeps people in check tonight so I can run some warrants.

Top Bottom