so i was watching travel channel last weekend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Corydon
    The show was called food paradise. The episode was about BBQ. Mouth watering after mouth watering restaurant was shown. They then showed a place called moonlite BBQ in Owensboro KY.i thought well I'm not really doing anything this weekend, so it's not to far to drive to.took about 1.5 hour drive. The buffet was awesome and the service was outstanding. Never have I been to a restaurant where your server gave you a little tour of the buffet

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I once saw a man going through the buffet with two plates. One had meat, the other sides. He was balancing them both on his right arm and piling on the food with his left. It's a great place to eat, not to mention the buffet includes your dessert as well.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Man so the bbq and whittakers are that close together? I could make a long trip down there for that I think!

Also I have eaten at several places featured on the Travel Channel and I am yet to be disappointed! El Churry may be one of the most satisfying I think!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have not made it over there but my grandfather had a care package sent to me from there, comes in the mail in a cooler in dry ice, big money but was good.

I go to Texas for the best BBQ although Joes Kansas City BBQ was pretty damn good, nothing in Memphis impressed me.

For chopped pork my favorite is "The Woodshed BBQ" in Hopkinsville KY

All time best is in McKinney TX called "Hutchins BBQ & Catfish".

Coolest BBQ restaurant in the world has to be the " Salt lick BBQ" although the food is nothing to get excited about.

I must try "Franklin's" and "La barbeque" but I hate waiting in line from 5am till noon just to be able to eat some brisket.

Did you try the mutton? That is their claim to fame...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom