• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    We just had this conversation on another board. I will just copy and paste my response for you to read, since this is my recommendation to you as well.
    Also, Knife Lady, I still need to buy a 3 and 5 for myself, but I will get ahold of you once I can afford them. I'm in a gun building stage right now. The Junglas is great though.

Im looking at either the Kabar Mark 1 or the Gerber LMF II for a fixed blade knife that will be my jeep/woods/bacon cutter/SHTF/BOB/TEOTWAWEKI/amargeden/alien invasion/zombie poker knife. Just looking for opinions on which yall think would be the better knife? Ive read reviews on the Gerber that the blade is good, but the handle is crap. and I cant find much about the Kabar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Esee 5.
    ESEE Knives
    esee-5.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you want an ESEE knife, this is THE BEST person in the WORLD to buy from. We call her Knife Lady. She also sells Mora, Benchmade, ZT, Tops, M-tech, Strider, Gerber, Elk Ridge, Buck and Ka-Bar.

Home Page KNIFESTRATEGIES.COM

ESEE Page ESEE

Phone Number (located just east of Indianapolis, IN)
    317-605-7489

Tell her Redpitbull44 from INGO set ya!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i wish i could redo the poll. trying to decide now between the ESEE 4 and 5.

That is a decision best made when you can handle both at the same time. What is your intended purpose? Do you forsee the need to hack through branches more, or do finer cutting tasks? The 5 is more a "survival" or "rough use" knife, where the 4 is more "general use".

In my mind, the best "setup" is to have a Junglas, Partially serrated 5, and plain edge 3, which takes the place of a pocket knife. I say partially serrated 5 because the serrations really DO give a blade a little more cutting power by increasing the surface area that runs across whatever you are cutting. As stated before, they can be more of a pain to sharpen, but they make very lightweight sharpeners that are great for straight and serrated edges, which can easily be affixed to your sheath with some paracord to tether it and a section of bicycle inner tube to hold it in place. I am thinking about getting a plain edge 5 and doing Veff style serrations on it. They are easier to sharpen, and cut really, really well (when sharp).

The 5 is 1/4" thick, the 4 is 3/16". The 5 has a fire bow divot in the handle, where the 4 doesn't. The 5 has a pointed pommel, which is great for all sorts of things (not just breaking glass). The 5 will handle batoning better than the 4.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Having a fixed blade is good for one ticket punch on your man card. A folder is good for two punch's because you are going to carry it everywhere. .

I never leave home without at least 1 gun and my gerber folding knife. You never know when you need a good knife. I would invest more money into a EDC knife but I lose them too much. I either have to buy one or have quite a few that ive found that were previously lost

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Thanks redpitbull44. :D I really appreciate your support and referring people to me and my website. I remember when you bought the Junglas.:D After you build your gun inventory up just let me know when you need another ESEE.;)

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    So I think I want a fixed blade now. To be honest, I have no need for one. But, I am a little envious of the guys that have one, because I don't have one.
    I don't know what I would ever use it for, what I would cut/chop. But it would be nice to have ONE, just in case I ever have the need for one.

Where do I even start? :dunno:

Budget would be $100-$200.

I was in basically the same position as you. It's going to go in BOB and occasionally come out for camping and hiking.

I ended up with this and I'm loving it!
    IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

Knife Lady will take care of ya.;)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yes and I will in just a few days be getting the new Candiru's. They were shipped out to me last Thursday. :rockwoot:
    I am really excited about these little guys. Great neck knives and easy to conceal. I will ahve them in all 3 colors, black, desert tan. od green
    I will also have the 2 differnt handles for them. there are pics of them in my subforum if you care to check them out.
    In this shipment will also be the new venum green 5's.
    So I will now have in venum green in inventory the 3, 5, 6 plus the Candiru's :D and of course the Laser Strike. I am very partial to this knife.

Top Bottom