• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    So i was kicking the peanut around thinking about getting another Beretta 92 type pistol... But then i saw a CZ 75 sitting in the new case... It felt good in my hands and has the slide in the frame like my old IMI Jericho 941 had... But i like how the CZ has the cocked and locked feature. I just wanted to ask what everyone thinks of the CZ75? Also where could i locate an original CZ 75 with the round trigger guard with spur hammer? I would prefer to find one of those over the B model with Ring hammer. So tell me what you think of these guns?:) Also which ever gun I get will become my new night stand gun.:D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    They look nice that is for sure. I'd like to get the 75 M. I haven't seen them anywhere however. You can put a bayonet on the 75! That would be an awesome night stand gun for sure!:)

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I think CZs are some of the best $-for-$ pistols you can buy. Reliable, durable, accurate, moderately priced. What's not to like?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone have "issues" with CZs in 9mm. People who have the 97's in .45 acp have a near-religous devotion to them. You will occasionally hear people have issues with the .40 ones, though.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the cz75 is top shelf. great value. i always have one in my collection somewhere. i've been looking at the cz75b sa for my next handgun. one of my partners shoots a cz75 (not a b) and he truly isn't undergunned for any situation. to hear him tell it, the pistol has served him well in his travels.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    cz75

Get a CZ75, you wont be disappointed.

I think the only CZ you can put the bayonet on is the SP01, a 75B doesnt have an accessory rail.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've always wanted one, but want the version they don't make!!!

I love the look and feel of the CZ75 Compact, but its an all steel gun. I wish they made it with a lighter weight alloy frame. I know they make other versions in poly and in alloy, but not the original compact. I think its a shame they don't make an original compact design in alloy, it would make a great carry gun.

And Col. Jeff Cooper approved of the design, giving it a thumbs up as the best of the 'wondernine' pistols ever developed, probably because the controls are very similar to the 1911 and because it allows the gun to be carried 'cocked & locked' like a real fighting gun should be carried.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I was an idiot in regards to CZs: I had a PO1 in OD green, sold it. Had a chance to buy a SP01 from a local for $250. Didnt take it.

They rank up with 1911s in my mind.

Bluedragon: Thinkin of going the Rally Vincent route eh? Cant go wrong. Now you need a short sidekick with grenades...:D

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    The CZ-75B is my favorite pistol. It is more accurate than I am. It can out shoot my buddys Sig. The all steel frame is heavy, but completely bomb proof. With a little luck you should be able to find a used one in the $325-$375 range. Stock up on mags. NOW!!!!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've always wanted one, but want the version they don't make!!!

I love the look and feel of the CZ75 Compact, but its an all steel gun. I wish they made it with a lighter weight alloy frame. I know they make other versions in poly and in alloy, but not the original compact. I think its a shame they don't make an original compact design in alloy, it would make a great carry gun.

And Col. Jeff Cooper approved of the design, giving it a thumbs up as the best of the 'wondernine' pistols ever developed, probably because the controls are very similar to the 1911 and because it allows the gun to be carried 'cocked & locked' like a real fighting gun should be carried.

CZ does make a lightweight alloy compact version it is the CZ 75 D PCR Compact.

Link: CZ 75 D PCR Compact

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I beg to differ. Bump in the night, reach for your gun and lose a finger! :noway: :)::p

Sweet Baby Jesus!
    That thing looks like it could hurt someone!

pix491541671.jpg
    2:
    pix491541562.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I was an idiot in regards to CZs: I had a PO1 in OD green, sold it. Had a chance to buy a SP01 from a local for $250. Didnt take it.

They rank up with 1911s in my mind.

Bluedragon: Thinkin of going the Rally Vincent route eh? Cant go wrong. Now you need a short sidekick with grenades...:D

Haha somehow i figured someone would chime in about Gunsmith Cats. :D

Actually I just prefer a gun that has a spur hammer over a ring hammer, both in look and feel of thumb cocking, that and I also prefer a round trigger guard like on my old 5906 over the guards similar to a 92FS, ALTHOUGH I do like the 92FS very much. But having the same gun from the star of Gunsmith Cats would be a plus too.:D

ANNNNND Just for you going and saying that here's a pic you will probably find interesting.;):D:D:D:D

rw86r6.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Oh and one other thing Disposable Heart. I dunno if you knew about this one. But there is one other character that uses the Pre B CZ75. :D

2cnv955.jpg

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I'd put the craftsmanship on the ones I've handled right up there with my Sig's, maybe even (I'm gonna catch crap) with Dad's Kimber. I'm kinda sorta looking for one too, but they should be around a little longer, if I can use the money towards another EBR it might be a better investment for now.

IDF's Jericho is based on this design, correct? IDF doesn't mess with crap that doesn't work, they can't afford to. If it passes IDF standards, it'll pass mine.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I kinda wish I had saved and spent the extra money on a CZ75, but I went with an IMI Jericho myself. I got the newest (or was this year) BDE in the polymer Semi-Compact 9mm version. I went with this paticular model due to the Acc. Rail, the light weight (as opposed to the all steel), and because of how it fit so nicely in my hand. Everything in the universe lined up nice and neat for me so I fell in love! I now carry her 20/7/365!

I say 20 because I can't sleep with her as the other ol lady would throw a fit and the kids may get to her while i"m passed out :p

You won't regret the CZ75! Even looks sexier than a glock with the same reliablity! :p :D

Top Bottom