• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Since we all have been hunting this year we haven't seen as many deer as in years past. We have seen more Bucks but not as many Does any body else seem to see this!

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had a really easy year, only went out a handful of times to get my two desired deer. I have however had several of my buddies and family having a hard time.

Edit: I hunt in Orange county

Last edited:

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I have seen significantly less deer this year compared to the last 2 years.
    Been out at least 20 times, and have 1 button buck to show for it.
    I did miss a bow shot at a 4 pointer, so I should've had 2, but so it goes.

My buddies all have less deer than usual this year also.

I hunt around Cloverdale, Bedford, and NE Morgan County.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I havent seen a doe in the day for 3 weeks .I see them on the cameras at night . it is getting pretty tough like their on lockdown. Maybe this snow and colder weather will get them moving.

All41AJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Since we all have been hunting this year we haven't seen as many deer as in years past. We have seen more Bucks but not as many Does any body else seem to see this!

I've seen more bucks also and less does. Interesting. Family is from Ohio and they believe the deer population is lower over there too. I've heard rumors here in IN that the population is lower. Might be scarce hunting next year too with this extra gun season that was put in for 2012.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    on my road you couldn't throw a dead cat with out hittin' a deer.......not this year....5 does and 2 bucks is all i have seen....

bough1221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I'm not sure if the population is thinning or the deer are going nocturnal...during bow I saw deer just about every time I was in the stand. I wasn't seeing many but at least one per hunt, they just weren't worth taking or wouldn't give a shot. As soon as gun season rolled around, I didn't see a single deer the rest of the year unless it was dark and I was driving. Quite disheartening..

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    i work alot of afternoons 4pm to 12 am i live in demotte kinda close to the kankakee marsh and i cant make it home without seeing atleast 5 deer cant necessarily tell buck doe or whatever but i deff have to be super aware so i dont hit them. they seem to be all over at night during the day i do see some i live in the woods and they seem to like the plants in my back yard.

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    We've seen alot less deer this season compared to last few yeas. We are seeing many more coyotes than we have in the past aswell.

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    I agree I hunt in Fulton county and see coyotes all the time. Must be an off year for different parts of the state, I hope this isn't the trend.

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Seen alot of deer this year, but it still worries me the population will/is getting smaller and smaller and the next generation of hunter will have it rough like it was in the early 1980's. :(

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I have seen a lot of scrub bucks and very few doe.
    This year was better than last year though.
    I ended up killing a 10 point that dressed @ 185 with a 17" I.S. spread. No monster but I was happy with him and that's all that counts. I also got a mature doe with my muzzy.
    So I ended up with 85# of boneless meat.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I've hunted a new property for majority of the year so I dont have prior years to compare. I saw way more bucks than does there. Also hunted atterbury and HNF, saw more deer at both places than I have in prior years.

AverageJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Worst year for me by far didn't bag one at all first time in a long time for that. Had a couple small bucks early bow season after that didn't see many at all, absolutely nothing in muzzleloader season.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    We had on two separate occasions, about 9 days apart. A herd of 6 and 5 deer pass through our property and across the street. Have seen a lot more near the roads this year too.

Maybe they left the woods, and are now hanging out in public :dunno::dunno:

mtomaro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Not sure about Indiana but I know over half of Missouri's population was wiped out from a rare disease that was a result from drought conditions over the summer. Could be same or similar situation?

Top Bottom