• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    If anyone has a compost heap and would like some grass clippings let me know. i don't want to just throw them away. I live in the greenwood area and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Yeah, I'd like to get some more information on this subject too. I have an area cleared for it, but not sure what to do other than turn the stuff with a pitchfork every so often.

Mint P08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Yeah, I'd like to get some more information on this subject too. I have an area cleared for it, but not sure what to do other than turn the stuff with a pitchfork every so often.

My wife likes to garden, but the covenants and HOA restrictions wouldn't allow one, so less work for me!

Mint P08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Though I have seen some that are something like a barrel that you turn every so often. Fortunately, she doesn't know about them because the last one I saw was easily a very nice 10/22!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've got one going, need to have alternating layers for best result,
    Gound, straw, 4-6" green layer (grass and food scraps, manure), soil, brown layer 2" (straw) repeat. I use sour milk to speed up the process in the green layer. Cheaper than activator! I plan on growing a small plot of alfalfa for my straw this year and just cut it down every so often and let it dry. Grass is good (nitrogen rich) but seems to get overwhelming if you have a large bagged yard. Great book for refernce is 4 season harvest

Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden

books
    $15 to $59 from 35 sellers
    By Eliot Coleman, Kathy Bray, Barbara Damrosch - Chelsea Green Pub. (1999) - Paperback - 234 pages - ISBN 1890132276

If you love the joys of eating home-garden vegetables but always thought those joys had to stop at the end of summer, this book is for you. Eliot Coleman introduces the surprising fact that most of the United States has more winter sunshine than the south of France. He shows how North American gardeners can successfully use that sun to raise a wide variety of traditional winter vegetables in backyard cold frames and plastic covered tunnel greenhouses without supplementary heat. Coleman expands upon his own experiences with new ideas learned on a winter-vegetable pilgrimage across the ocean to the acknowledged kingdom of vegetable cuisine

p1091-1.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Gound, straw, 4-6" green layer (grass and food scraps, manure), soil, brown layer 2" (straw) repeat. I use sour milk to speed up the process in the green layer. Cheaper than activator! I plan on growing a small plot of alfalfa for my straw this year and just cut it down every so often and let it dry. Grass is good (nitrogen rich) but seems to get overwhelming if you have a large bagged yard. Great book for refernce is 4 season harvest

books
    By Eliot Coleman, Kathy Bray, Barbara Damrosch - Chelsea Green Pub. (1999) - Paperback - 234 pages - ISBN 1890132276

If you love the joys of eating home-garden vegetables but always thought those joys had to stop at the end of summer, this book is for you. Eliot Coleman introduces the surprising fact that most of the United States has more winter sunshine than the south of France. He shows how North American gardeners can successfully use that sun to raise a wide variety of traditional winter vegetables in backyard cold frames and plastic covered tunnel greenhouses without supplementary heat. Coleman expands upon his own experiences with new ideas learned on a winter-vegetable pilgrimage across the ocean to the acknowledged kingdom of vegetable cuisine

p1091-1.jpg

Mind telling everyone whose book that is? I think i should get some rep just for letting you borrow that book!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

books

p1091-1.jpg

Mind telling everyone whose book that is? I think i should get some rep just for letting you borrow that book!

Wow are you guys married?????

Cornhole partners you finish each others sentences.... seems kinda strange boys. I mean hey if you are thats ok I just don't wanna see it.

LMAO just busting your balls boys.:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Wow are you guys married?????

Cornhole partners you finish each others sentences.... seems kinda strange boys. I mean hey if you are thats ok I just don't wanna see it.

LMAO just busting your balls boys.:D

You know as well as I do that once you get married the cornhole partnerships stops!

And haven't you ever borrowed a book from your b*tch before?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Just keep adding table scraps and pet poop to it, turn it, and occasionally put some milk on it. Not a bad idea to put some straw or mulched leaves in there too..some, not many as they take longer (leaves).

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just keep adding table scraps and pet poop to it, turn it, and occasionally put some milk on it. Not a bad idea to put some straw or mulched leaves in there too..some, not many as they take longer (leaves).

Oh jeesh I am sorry to do this to you after our trap rules disagreement Redneckmedic but if he doe's add those things to his compost heap he'll have a problem with odor (the spoiled milk), vermin (the table scraps) & possibly parasites (from the pet poop).

Top Bottom