So, are you that one that causes a traffic jam?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I see this all the time on 465. Traffic at a dead standstill and I'm thinking there must be a wreck or construction or someone pulled over. Nope! Just people hallucinating apparently. Traffic starts moving and is soon back up to normal speed. Nothing out of the ordinary to be seen anywhere. :nuts:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People are inconsiderate pieces of :poop: when they get behind the wheel. Sure what it seems like anyway. Care only about themselves and screw everyone else on the road.
    If traffic stops on the interstate, there had better be twisted steel and bodies strewn across all lanes, otherwise, keep it moving people! :xmad:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I feel they should add speed limit signs to each lane because people are too stupid to know slower traffic should migrate to the right lane and people are too inconsiderate to give a person time to pass a slower vehicle if said vehicle is go 1 mph slower than they are.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I commuted on the Tri State expressway for years. They radio news even called it a "gapers block" Six lanes would come to a stop and we would crawl bumper to bumper for 3 or 4 miles because of people looking at someone changing a tire clear over on the other lanes. Heaven help you if someone had a fender bender. You would be delayed enough that your supper was cold.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Gapers block. Been a while since I heard that phrase. Is it a Region term as since I moved out of the Region I don’t recall hearing it.

Reactions: Leo

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If Indiana actually enforced their slow poke law, the state could make a fortune in tickets just on IN37, between Bedford and Mitchell

Completely idiotic to have a law that doesn't get enforced. Especially since it would make a big difference in the flow of traffic if people knew it would be enforced. No one understands the concept of deterrence.

Top Bottom