So, am I an idiot or not for deciding to pass on this deal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    Any day you can trade a Glock for a Sig is a Good Day.Most Sig owners want nothing to do with Glocks on trade.Sigs are a work of art when it comes to guns.Sig is one of if not the best gun out of the box you can buy.Remember you get what you pay for.I would take the deal all day long.Then I would trade the 23 for a P229 or M11A1.Glocks are good guns but Sigs are better.If you have to make changes to get the Glock to shoot like the Sig why not just buy the Sig.You should try it out then make up your mind.

I have to agree.Sigs are one of the nicer guns out there but I would never say the best. It's all about preference.I have owned a few Sigs,the 2022 9mm and 40cal and a P220 in 45 cal and have shot a P250.If I had it to do all over again I would of kept the P220 and 2022 40 cal.I liked them the most. But I picked up a Star M43 9mm since I wanted something smaller to carry.I am considering on getting another 2022 40 cal as my next purchase.It was one of the more accurate guns besides the Ruger SR45 I have shot.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    :dunno:

Something I've learned over the years is that those 'once in a lifetime' deals come along about once a week. Whether that's firearms, motorcycles, cars, jewelry & watches, real estate, or anything else.

I just shrug it off and think "Wasn't the right thing for me, at the time. There'll be another opportunity coming along soon". Long as ya keep your eyes and ears open.

If it just didn't 'feel' quite right (nothing nefarious, just that 'feeling'), then it's usually better to listen to that 'little bird on your shoulder'.

+1 The older I get, the more I see this as true. The old urban myth story of a guy that shows up to by a 20 year old chevy for $150 that turns out to be a mint corvette convertable is just a myth. I have made my share of good deals in life, but almost as soon as I make the deal, I can always find one a little better. Another deal will come your way.

Top Bottom