• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    If I'm going to have a revolver in an auto cartridge, I think .380 would be my last choice. 9mm would make a ton more sense, and is much cheaper to shoot. If you're choosing between the two listed, I'll take an LCR in. 38.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If I'm going to have a revolver in an auto cartridge, I think .380 would be my last choice. 9mm would make a ton more sense, and is much cheaper to shoot. If you're choosing between the two listed, I'll take an LCR in. 38.

Those moon clips are a real drawback though for auto cartridge revolver. I'd go for the tried and true .357.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Taurus does have one out ..We have 2 of them in the shop .
    They are actually smaller than a J frame , I'm guessing thats why they did it :dunno:.

Pretty neat looking lil wheel gun .:ingo:

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Have one of each, a Ruger LCP and a S&W M&P340, and love 'em both!! Each one serves a purpose depending on what I'm wearing or doing. The snubbie is more enjoyable to shoot, and thats what I carried off-duty during the early years.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I personally like .38 special, and I ENJOY shooting it! .380 is too expensive and .357 isn't much fun (or worth the sore hand) after a day of shooting. Especially out of a snubbie. When I had a .357, I carried it with .38s in it.

.38 is what's in my car right now :cool:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The only way a .380 in a revolver would make as much sense as a .38 SPL would be if the frame were shorter to match, it's doesn't look like it is... someone with a ruler please tell me otherwise... so .38 SPL gets my vote, especially if it's +P capable, which is all of them these days.

On the plus side at least that short little ejector rod might get all the cases fired cases out of the cylinder.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'd have to say 38spl. I don't see many (actually, never seen any) wheel guns in .380. I prefer them in .357 magnum, as opposed to .38spl, to maximize my fun time with them....:):

.357. :) You can have the power of a magnum and shoot .38 Specials. That is a win/win all around.

I do own a .380 but not in a wheel gun. Actually, my wife owns the Ruger LCP.

A snub .357 is what I carry on a daily basis. Security Six with the 2 and three quarter barrel. I actually have two. I have considered parting with the second one, it was bought for someone else, and they didnt really like it. It doesn't rack the knuckles like some of the old Smith snubbies.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    When I'm not carrying my XD9SC

S&W Mod 10-5 38 spec
    picture.php

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    >380 wheelgun will be a fad. I have both .380 pocket auto (Colt) and snubby .38spl (S&W) and .357 mag (Ruger) revolvers. The auto sits a little flatter in my pocket. The snub is "point and click" simple and has more power. But a .380 snub LOSES the flatness advantage of a pocket .380 and the power advantage of a +P .38 Spl or a .357 Mag.

So.. .380 revolver = LOSE/LOSE.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Taurus Ultralight Titanium 38 SPL in a Survival Sheath Systems chest holster. Nothing works better for me as a bicycle gun. I can carry shotshells and +p defense loads and staged them as needed. I can carry two speedloaders in a triathalon top tube bag.

Top Bottom