• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Drove home from the Embassy in Ft.Wayne last night...on I-69 all traffic was moving about 30mph. There were quite a few ditched cars on BOTH sides of the interstate. Nasty stuff, peeps.
    It's the FIRST time that the spousal unit didn't complain about me dragging my bag of SHTF gear along. In fact, he said, "good thinking..."
    So I got THAT going for me. :)

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Drove up to Indy on 74 from 63, It was pretty knarly... All in All the majority of motorists seemed to use common sence & everyone except a few motorists slowed down to bout 40 - 45mph... 465 wasnt too allfull bad. Only compaint i have is what happened to people helping people ? saw a lady on hevily 2 lane uphill exit ramp, her mustang had stopped for the red light, but when she tried to take off again it just sat there am spun you would not believe the number of people that just drive by & dont help.. Its kinda sad:dunno:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Haven't been out in it yet, but probably will soon just to check it out. I came home from Mattoon, IL yesterday, and the roads weren't bad at all - the drivers were. It was 35 degrees and the snow was melting as it his the road, and there were plenty of highway trucks out. I was going the speed limit and the biggest danger on the road was the idiots that I came upon fairly often going 30-40mph. WTF its just like rain when it melts as soon as it hits the road!

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    my cousin in pittsburg said they got 22 inches and have a state of emergency.Anyone know what we got here in indy?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    my cousin in pittsburg said they got 22 inches and have a state of emergency.Anyone know what we got here in indy?
    In Indy it was 6" officially, some spots saw 8. I was out in this at 0530 and I did not have a problem in my Crown Vic. I've had to drive in much worse snow than this, it's wet pavement on the main streets now. I remember working X-mas eve when 12" dumped on us in say 4 hrs. I hated driving in that in a Crown Vic but I still didn't get stuck. Some of these drivers should NEVER be allowed to drive in the snow...ugh.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We got about 2" of snow here, but lots of blowing and drifting so 12" in some spots and nothing much in other areas.

Heading out the driveway to the road:
    1b03.jpg

Down in our valley:
    1b04.jpg

1b05.jpg

Looking down my long range shooting area:
    1b07.jpg

Out back in the bean field:
    1b12.jpg

1b13.jpg

Coming back toward the house and yard:
    1b15.jpg

1b18.jpg

And climbing back up to the roadway to get home:
    1b23.jpg

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Here are a few pictures from earlier today in Brown County. We didn’t get nearly the snow that our friends to the north received. Also didn’t have the high winds that others were reporting.

My wife took the following pictures except for the turkeys!

Driveway
    15rib14.jpg

Barn
    x4m650.jpg

Long distance target stands
    513ejs.jpg

Snow on a steel target
    2vhxf5u.jpg

Woodpiles
    2coo7xc.jpg

Turkeys
    2w4bo5j.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I just came in from shoveling two driveways, hot, sweaty, and cursing the dang snow. Then, I see the beauty of the weather in melensdads and LMW pics. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom