• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    First of all this whole deal sucks for a lot of people. There are real people involved in this that have no income, no answers, and no idea of how this will play out. These people have families to support and bills to pay and so many of the comments that have been posted sound like the rants of loud mouths. Other posts look like they should have been PM'd as they have nothing to do with the original topic and sounded more like a personal conversation. I for one would not wish for any dealer to go through something like this. I will keep the guys at Sniper in my prayers and truly hope that they are back in business soon. Good luck guys!!

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I for one would not wish for any dealer to go through something like this. I will keep the guys at Sniper in my prayers and truly hope that they are back in business soon. Good luck guys!!

Went by SniperCo the other day, and the place is still locked up with a sign on the door telling people with consignment guns to call a number posted. Looked in the window and saw guns still in the cases and on the walls. Don't know for sure, but it looks like the landlord locked Shawn out, and I would be surprised if it ever opens again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I too was treated with respect by the employees of SniperCo. This is why I chose to leave my rifle with them to sell on consignment. After calling the phone number posted on the door to SC, I am being referred to a local law office that is handling the return of my rifle. I am waiting a return call from that office. The "door phone number guy" told me I might be expecting to be required to locate another FFL to transfer the gun to, then, I would get it back...was told the gun "is" in the store...this person told me the ATF has gotten involved and that he is not licensed to handle the return of my rifle. "From my cold, dead hands?"...right now there isn't anything in my hands...ARGH!!!!!

I have only 1 LGS I would ever consider leaving a firearm for a consignment sale. That said I have never ever done anything like that. There are too many other venues available to sell anything these days.
    If and when any firearm I own changes owners it goes from my hands directly into the new owners hands. No questions/suspicions or waiting on my money.

I have tried consignment in the past with car parts and it was a shame. Never again.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But some LGS stores have rather high prices so consignment might make sense. A friend priced a rifle at Walmart and a local LGS. He could have made money if he bought it at Walmart and LGS sold it at their rate minus consignment fee. Not sure what the ATF would think of that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But some LGS stores have rather high prices so consignment might make sense. A friend priced a rifle at Walmart and a local LGS. He could have made money if he bought it at Walmart and LGS sold it at their rate minus consignment fee. Not sure what the ATF would think of that.

Way to much effort for the money to be made in my mind. Might take a while for the right guy to see the gun and pay too much for it keeping your money tied up for a while.....no thanks.

Etorg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    fort wayne
    'Talked with the lawyer involved with this case. He told me:
    -"at this time, Sniperco's license is..." defunct, not workinig, w/e...can't remember exact words used
    -a lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Shaun(Sniperco, not sure which, or both)
    -Shaun/Sniperco has no lein on any of the consignment or weaponsmithing guns/items
    -there is current effort to locate alternative FFL to accept transfer of consignment guns/items, that might happen as soon as today...consequently requiring another week+ to actually happen
    -the security system of the store is fully operational, and that local LE are watching the store with random visits

I think the lawyer told me the transfer to alternative FFL would include both the consignment guns (which do not have lein), as well as retail guns.

my fingers are crossed in hope of good luck in getting my rifle back asap...

Etorg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    fort wayne
    After notification to Max Meyers law office that I was thinking about contacting the NRA for help...I received the following from Max... Dave:
    The Receiver provided this information yesterday:

ATF will return on the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] to complete the Inventory. I will be contacting dealers re their interest. The delay in the Inventory also delays the anticipated time of wrapping this up

Plz people: no more info about Jetgirl shooting someone, 'has been a bit fun to pass the time...but, I joined this thread for more serious reasons...thx

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I don't have a dog in this fight but if they are taken peoples money and not provideing a product ..... Then they need to be shut down .....:yesway:

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Happy to report that I was able to pick up my two suppressors today (at the Sniper Company location) from the attorney that is handling the receivership of Sniper Company property.
    They had pickup today for people that had property in the store, in which my form 4's were approved just in time.

If you have property being held by Sniper Company and were not notified, shoot me a PM and I will get you the proper contact info.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom