• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Maybe you could do a "group buy" and get one bulk pack and divide out the rest. I'm sure others on here would be interested

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, snap caps are somewhat perishable if you use them for malfunction clearance drills. Plastic snap caps are virtually worthless for that purpose but would probably work for dry-firing. A-zooms are the the most durable caps I have tried.
    img0221fo.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Unfortunately, snap caps are somewhat perishable if you use them for malfunction clearance drills. Plastic snap caps are virtually worthless for that purpose but would probably work for dry-firing. A-zooms are the the most durable caps I have tried.

I wish the A-zooms came in orange or yellow. The dark red is too hard to see when you need to pick them out of the grass at the range, and the color isn't definitively different from a live round (it's different, obviously, but not so different that it's IMMEDIATELY obvious). Other than that, it's a good product.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Plastic snap caps are virtually worthless for that purpose but would probably work for dry-firing.

I had a plastic one go kaput on me the other day but it wasn't solid. It had two to three plastic pieces with an inner spring. I snapped it once and it promptly broke. Luckily, it wasn't mine! :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The yellow ones above work pretty well and they are pretty cheap. you can get 50 of them for $20 at brownells.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just find a friend who reloads and have them load some cases without primer/powder. Fill the primer hole with some firm silicone based material or even a dead primer. Cover the brass with blue Sharpie and rock on.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Just find a friend who reloads and have them load some cases without primer/powder. Fill the primer hole with some firm silicone based material or even a dead primer. Cover the brass with blue Sharpie and rock on.

Yeah, I glue/crimp in a bullet, glue in a pencil eraser for a primer, and paint it orange.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom