• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    There is no tyranny here. All actors were democratically elected or had an opportunity to participate in said election.

So if democratically elected actors strip you of your private property rights there is no tyranny.

Got it.

Thanks.

dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    I do not smoke, and being around it makes my eyes really itchy and I just cant be around it for an extended period of time. From my POV, I am fine with it, but if I was a smoker, I can see myself being really pissed....

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I do not smoke, and therefore I am fine using the force of government to strip all of you of your rights to control your own body and your property for the strict purpose of insuring I am not inconvenienced by your freedom...

Fixt

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do not smoke, and being around it makes my eyes really itchy and I just cant be around it for an extended period of time. From my POV, I am fine with it, but if I was a smoker, I can see myself being really pissed....

or if you believe in liberty you might be pissed... sorry to see it isn't a problem for you.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've never smoked and I'm mildly allergic to it, but I'm adult enough to not stay in the vicinity of someone smoking. Like most everyone else on this thread, I think this attempt to tell business owners what they may allow on their property is overstepping the proper bounds of government. I'd like to see us throw the bums out, but I'm guessing a better solution is to move out of Marion County and let it die like all the rest of the Democrat-controlled major cities in the US.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Our government always knows what's best for us. We aren't able to make rational decisions ourselves. I'm glad they have the ability to tell a private property owner how they have to run their business. We aren't smart enough to vote with our dollars.

I hope they put a ban on bad tasting food pretty soon because the restaurant I go to all the time has really ****ty food and I want it to taste better next time I go there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'll tell you what they should ban... there is some store in the UP mall that has so much cologne going that I cough and get short of breath just walking by the place. It looks like some kind of men's clothing (might be mostly gay from the traffic in and out of it). I should not have to smell other people's cologne.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I support it. Employees shouldn't have to make the choice to work in it or not and customers shouldn't have to deal with cigarette smoke. I think smoking should be limited to smoking bars/clubs, private property and outside only.

Flame suit on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I support it. Employees shouldn't have to make the choice to work in it or not and customers shouldn't have to deal with cigarette smoke. I think smoking should be limited to smoking bars/clubs, private property and outside only.

Flame suit on.

Restaurants are private property that is open to the public.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't smoke cigarettes but it seems clear this is an infringement on private property rights that would make our Founders roll over in their graves. If I don't want to go to some place because it is smoky then I should stay home or go somewhere else not cry to my rep to force my beliefs on others.
    :+1:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Rather it be smoking, wearing a seat belt, a helmet on motorcycles or a requirement by the state to wear a bright yellow rain coat and galoshes when its raining. I am opposed to any nanny state regulations imposed by government. If a business owner decides he/she wishes to ban smoking ect. in their establishment that is fine and withing the business owners rights. However things of this type are none of the state or the governments business. People and government need to learn to stop trying to control every facet of other peoples lives and to mind their own business...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm really amamzed at how some people have an attitude of "I don't do X so banning it doesn't affect me so I don't care".

This is your freedom, my freedom, everyone's freedom being slowly eroded while those people sleep because it doesn't affect them.

It scares me how apathy is prevalent in these matters.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I meant personal private property. Restaurants are a place of employment too. Employees shouldn't be victims of second hand smoke. I look at it the same as any other workplace law.

No one is holding a gun to their head. Work somewhere else.

BTW, secondhand smoke claims are BS. Made up crap for the trial lawyers to rape the tobacco company profits.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    i think the number in indiana is around 51 percent of hoosiers smoke. dont quote me on that but i remember hearing that from a few differant sources.

I think that's a HUGE number that's skewed way too high.

Where I work I would bet that the number of drivers/helpers out and about away from the warehouse where they are free to light up is maybe 25% or less.

Cigarette smoke make me sick when I smell it.

And for all you non believers out there who say it doesn't affect non smokers.

Do this ONE time.....

Go to an establishment that is med to heavily filled with smoke, spend at least 1 hour there.

When you leave go STRAIGHT home and put all your clothes into a garbage bag and use the wire tire to close it.

When you awake the next morning, untie the bag but don't open.

Exhale, but don't inhale.

Now stick your head into that bag and inhale through your NOSE.

Be prepared you won't like it.

This is the reason why people in the service industry waiters/waitresses/busboys and delivery people want no smoking.

I quit bowling 17 years ago because of the smell I had to put up with that permeated my clothes.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Property owner rights!!!

I feel as it should be up to the owner of the business... As stated earlier... What pi$$es me off even though I am a non-smoker, is that other non-smokers take the opinion that since it doesn't affect them then. No harm no foul... For most non-smokers it's not about rights but that they personally don't approve of the odor.... Sorry, don't like it leave the establishment!!! Why does the entire county have to give up property owners rights any further than hFave already been allowed!!! Most people that ***** about a lack of a smoking ban aren't potronizing these establishments anyhow... Come on the law limits smoking to bars and establishments that serve people only over 18... So why a further enforcement needed??? If a bar owner feels the need to be smoke free that is their decision!!!!! We lose our freedoms a little at a time under the guise of public safety just because the PEOPLE will not stand up and say no more!!!!!!! Btw I feel the next step will be an outright ban on smoking even outdoors downtown!!!!!!!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'll tell you what they should ban... there is some store in the UP mall that has so much cologne going that I cough and get short of breath just walking by the place. It looks like some kind of men's clothing (might be mostly gay from the traffic in and out of it). I should not have to smell other people's cologne.

I agree. Cologne affects me much worse than smoke ever has. The dirty people just need to take a bath & quit spraying so much cologne on. Too bad we can't just hose them down when we smell them coming.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I feel as it should be up to the owner of the business... As stated earlier... What pi$$es me off even though I am a non-smoker, is that other non-smokers take the opinion that since it doesn't affect them then. No harm no foul... For most non-smokers it's not about rights but that they personally don't approve of the odor.... Sorry, don't like it leave the establishment!!! Why does the entire county have to give up property owners rights any further than hFave already been allowed!!! Most people that ***** about a lack of a smoking ban aren't potronizing these establishments anyhow... Come on the law limits smoking to bars and establishments that serve people only over 18... So why a further enforcement needed??? If a bar owner feels the need to be smoke free that is their decision!!!!! We lose our freedoms a little at a time under the guise of public safety just because the PEOPLE will not stand up and say no more!!!!!!! Btw I feel the next step will be an outright ban on smoking even outdoors downtown!!!!!!!

This is what people just don't get, our freedoms slip away a little at a time over decades its like baby steps, until you get what we have now a bunch of 20 or 30 somethings that think its normal because its always been that way for them. Talk to some older folks and you will find that we don't have half the freedoms we did just 50 years ago. Read this article in kinda shows how these things happen...

On This Day: Charles Whitman Carries Out Sniper Attack From University of Texas Tower

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I think smoking should be outlawed altogether. I know you won;t agree with me so here is my opinion. I go into a bar and everyone is smoking and I'm not. So now I go home smelling like a chimney. I've talked to several restaurant owners. I'm told the smokers usually buy drinks after a meal while smoking, there spending more money on drinks.
    2nd, If you going to smoke, then get years older and have a cancer of some kind or just something wrong with you that smoking has created, you should have enough health insurance to cover it. If you don't have any insurance, then you should not seek medical attention. It's not fair for me to continually pay for your medical bills with my tax money when you were told that smoking could injure you.

Top Bottom