• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Who's running what? My little BBQ pit consists of a Pit Boss Lockhart, GMG Davy Crockett, Traeger PTG and a Traeger Ranger.

Attachments

• green_mountain_davy_crockett_on-truck.jpg
      green_mountain_davy_crockett_on-truck.jpg
      18.5 KB · Views: 25
    • 20210823_205028_HDR.jpg
      20210823_205028_HDR.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 26

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with the monkey. (Never really thought I'd find myself saying that). The Bradley just plain works. Although I may have lost custody of it. Hmmmm ....
    I need to buy a new smoker assembly for mine. It was gifted to me because half the pixels are dead on the display. It still works, you just cant read the numbers. But I know the temp maxes at 320, so I can turn it up all the way, then count down 5* per click to get to where I want it to be. A minor inconvenience. I went to order a new one last summer, but there was a note that if I had the older style Id need to buy a new plug to adapt the smoker to the box. But no plugs were available due to covid. Havent checked back since.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I also cheat, but with a Masterbilt... therefore I have to manually add chips drink a beer every hour. :)
    Face the same problem at times.. I have a vision ceramic smoker. Very efficient and a great tool to help the hops along.. sometimes it’s a slow process requiring at least 2 or three hops sessions

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I use this guy. I done 2 10lb Boston butts in 6 hrs. last Thurs. for Mayberry Fall Festival.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Another Bradley user. Started out with the old style with the temp regulator below the door...Burnt that one to the ground.

Replaced it with the model with manual temp dial on the smoker assembly, but want to get digital. Like Cameramonkey, can't find the parts right now.

Only down side is I have to separate a brisket into flat and point to get it to fit.

I have an old Brinkmann charcoal smoker, I've done a lot of pork shoulder on it, and even turkey(whole and bone-in breast). It's nice, but I haven't used it much since getting the Bradley.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Replaced it with the model with manual temp dial on the smoker assembly, but want to get digital. Like Cameramonkey, can't find the parts right now.

Yeah, and I just cant justify buying a whole new unit when the food box is in perfect shape. I think brand new kits are available.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We're learning to use this one:

1629987624801.png

Our last smoke we tried a slightly higher temp and shorter time. Didn't work so it looks like we'll continue with 16 to 18 hour smokes. But OH is it worth it! Melt in your mouth pig is a wonderful thing!:drool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom