• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was just wandering if anyone has had any experience with the new bodyguard .380. It seems like it is a really nice gun to use as a backup.
    If anyone can give me any input into reliability and trigger pull, I would appreciate it. I use a Kel-Tec P32 as a backup now. I have never had any reliability issues, but I dont like the extremely long trigger pull or the basically non-existent sights. I know this pistol is just for up close and personal use, but I still like to have a descent set of sights and a manageable trigger pull.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Nice little pistol. Lots of features on such a small gun. Shooting wise it is very similar to an LCP. It was a little smoother shooting. Trigger was on par or slightly better than my LCP. Last shot hold open is a great feature. Laser is okay. I think I would prefer something like a Crimson that comes on instinctively rather than having to think about pushing a button. The BG380 laser buttons require firm pressure to activate. It does feel like a much larger pistol in your hand. Conceals just as well as my LCP did IMO.

ISHOOTHST'S is correct. The S&W forums a busy with issues. You might want to check out Bodyguard 380 Forum And Blog - Home as well.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I just bought the bodyguard 380 and I am quite happy with it. The gun packs a punch but is easy to control. The laser was accurate right out of the box. I am not big on having to remember to turn off the laser, though. The trigger pull on the gun is more than I like. My buddy's TCP takes much less effort to pull the trigger. Does anyone know if there is any kind of modification that could be made to the trigger to lighten the pull?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've shot both but still prefer my LCP. With a pistol that small and it's intended use for SD at true SD ranges (conversational distance), you are basically pointing your hand and instinctively shooting to get out of the situation. That is why the LCP barely has any sights, bumps rather, integrated into the slide, so you can easily pull it from your pocket. I either pocket carry or sometimes use a Fobus holster.

Top Bottom