• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2000fxstb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    I was thinking of getting a smith sigma but do not like the trigger pull is there a fix for this and how much or should i just get a glock 23 any info will help me make my mind up.:draw:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    The M&P is an all-around better firearm. It's more refined, better mechanics, you name it.

The amount of money that you'd spend on a Sigma to bring it up to the fit/finish/feel of any of the other "better" polymer pistols, be they Glock, XD, Walther, M&P, etc, you might as well have bought one of the others in the first place.

That's not to say that there isn't a place for the Sigma.. it's just not in the same league. They'll still (generally) shoot when you pull the trigger. In my mind, Sigmas fall between Hi-Point and "Premium" polymers. Not worth the money to me, but if you want a S&W product for the least amount of money you can get away with, then go for it..

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    what is the dif in the sigma and the m&p have heard the m&p has a stiff thigger also

You can also upgrade the M&P with an Apex sear, as time and budget allow, which is said to remarkably improve the trigger. I do not have any personal experience with this, but it has certainly been discussed on INGO and people rave about the improvement. Do a quick search and I am sure there are plenty of threads on the upgrade.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    didn't someone post in here somewhere that you can send a Sigma in to S&W and they will do a trigger job on it?

That may not be a bad idea for someone's first gun.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    glock 23. i have the sigma 9mm and it has been flawless, but the glock is the better gun. as for the M&P, it is a better gun, but i dont like the grip on it. i actually prefer the grip on the sigma.

2000fxstb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    is the m&p the same size as the 23 and what is the price diff i can get a 23 for about 400 to 450 used have not seen to many m&ps used

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The Glock would be the way to go!! Sigma's are not known for the same quality of trigger pull that you can get from the Glock or the S&W M&P pistols.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

I think it's safe to say that most of us have made a purchase that we thought was a 'good deal' because it was cheaper and they had a good marketing department, only to figure out later that it is cheaper for a reason.

Get the Glock or the M&P.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Just get the M&P... That is where you will likely end up anyway.

An M&P40 can be had for less than $400 from most dealers, and you can take off $50 for the S&W rebate... This adds up to a top of the line shooter for a lettle more than the entry level Sigma.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Have you considered shooting the pistols you are thinking about purchasing? Some stores have a "rental" program and I'm sure that there are people here that would be willing to let you try theirs if you provide the ammo.

Bottom line is, if you pick between quality pistols (M&P or Glock) it's a matter of what feels best in your hands and what trigger you prefer.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    S&W will not do action work on a Sigma any longer - Far too many internet postings really took care of that. Last I heard they were going to stop compensating the warranty guy in TX who does superb action work as well.

I'm a Sigma fan - but if you don't know what you're getting, don't buy one. My trigger comes in right around 8lbs. It's gritty. But - i wanted a a heavy trigger DAO pistol in .40 - and that's what I got. If you can accurately shoot a revolver in double action, you can shoot a Sigma. Like any firearm, if you want to shoot it well you have to train and train often.

The M&P is much more refined gun - spendier than the Glock. Both are rock solid reliable. When i bought my Sigma, it was $299 with a $50 rebate. At their current prices, I'd save for an M&P or Glock.

Top Bottom