• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Out of the S&W v Taurus. I have shot both and the S&W is a better gun. That said you can save a few buck and buy a Taurus, if brand names dont mean that much to you, and it will work just as good. Only thing is that I have a preference to the S&W trigger.

The ruger looks cool but its a plastic revolver, :dunno:.

I would have said the exact same thing. Model 85 (uless you want light weight) or the new S&W 386.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    Does anyone know if the Ruger LCR has other grip options? That is one thing that the S&W J-frames have. I have Hogue Monogrips on mine to have better recoil control and make follow up shots easier. I can put small wooden grips on it to increase ability to conceal if needed. There is also the Crimson Trace option.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Does anyone know if the Ruger LCR has other grip options? That is one thing that the S&W J-frames have. I have Hogue Monogrips on mine to have better recoil control and make follow up shots easier. I can put small wooden grips on it to increase ability to conceal if needed. There is also the Crimson Trace option.

At this point there are the Hogue Tamer grips that are standard and the optional Crimson Trace laser grips. The Hogue grips are very comfortable and specifically designed to fit the widest range of peoples' hands. The Crimson Trace grips are very similar to the LG-405 grips made for the J-frame Smiths.

There is also a member of RugerForum who is working on making a set of wood grips for the LCR that he intends to make available for sale.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I like the Ruger SP101. Also available as DAO with bobbed hammer.

I used to carry a S&W model 60 with bobbed hammer. The model 60 is all SS like the Ruger SP101. The S&W 642 is much lighter to carry than the model 60. Once I started carrying the 642, it felt like I didn't have a handgun on me. The all SS model 60 feels like I'm toting around an anvil now:D.

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I own a Smith 442 and love it, previously I owned a taurus model 85 ultralight that was an okay gun, the only issue that i had was it didnt always lock up tight. I know very little about the LCR. I can tell you that I love the 442, however there is nothing wrong with the Ultralight fi that is what you can afford.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom