• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have the Kel Tec P3AT and love it. My neighbor is an officer and carried one as a back-up. I figured if a cop trusts it, I can too. I've had zero issues with mine. I carry it everywhere. Basically a LCP for less money. Good luck in your search!
    I agree. I carry my P3AT daily. (My wife kinda horked over my LCP!) I have never had an issue with either my Kel Tec or Ruger. A friend of mine has the Smith and Wesson "Bodyguard" and really likes it. He told me he has put just over 200 rounds through it with only one FTE. Seems pretty good, but I have no experience with this pistol, so I will not advise someone to buy something that I have not used.:)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I agree with this guy

You may also want to consider a wheel gun. We have a S&W 442 38 special that makes for a great pocket gun. The hammerless design allows for fast removal because there is no chance for the hammer to get hung up on the lining of your pocket. If all this is to you is a "Sunday gun" then it could be just what you are looking for. :twocents:

I agree with the SW 442. You can buy them where I live for $349!
    Simple, reliable and will last.
    I do have a Bersa Thunder 380. Very inexpensive, and totally reliable.
    Not the most simple gun to conceal.
    I have a Kel-Tec P32. Would be a great CC pistol, but it suffers greatly
    in the reliability dept.
    My 2 cents.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    i have both a taurus tcp and a keltec p3at either one is a fine gun but i find myself carring the tcp more and for the record i also have a s&w 638,but most of the time i carry a glock 27.all are reliable and i would trust anyone of mine ymmv

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have the Taurus TCP. But its a handful. I like the trigger on it. No problems at all out of it other than it not being much fun shooting it for more than 30 or 40 rds at a time

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I carry the Ruger LCP daily and I love it. I will admit tho, it is not what I want to shoot everyday or shoot a lot with at the range. BUT!, it does shoot VERY VERY accurately at 15 yards. And for a daily carry weapon/BUG, accuracy is probably the key.
    I like shooting my other guns better and will occasionally carry one if I feel the need but for everyday carry, I like my Ruger. I also have an ankle holster for dress clothes carry. Fobus makes a good one.
    Good luck!

I'm told the Kel-Tec is also a good gun. I just kinda like Ruger.:rolleyes:
    What he said but I actually like to shoot mine.....

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Yeah, shooting it is fine as paperboy said. I just prefer putting 100 rounds thru my P-99 or Mark II or....... :) They fit my hand better but, it is a good shooter. They are a little cheaper and more accurate at longer distances.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The Sig P238 is easiest of your choices to shoot well, but it is heavier as well. As far as a light pocket-carry gun goes, I would choose the LCP. I own both, and would prefer to carry the P238, but the LCP seems to find its way into my carry routine more often, due to its lighter and smaller characteristics.

deadmanslcplarge.jpg

gglass, is that picture your work? That's a beautiful shot.

back on topic: I have the LCP and it's a great little gun for pocket carry to church and other places where I want really deep concealment and a larger gun just isn't doable.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I carry the KelTec P3AT in my RR pocket.
    Very dependable and extremely accurate out to 20 yds even with the "nubby" sights.
    I love the high slide as there's no way to get bit by it.
    It loves the MagTech JHPs and has been 100% dependable.
    This is my third one with no issues EXCEPT for the trigger on this one wasn't consistent.
    I pulled it down Xmas day and it had a piece of string in the trigger group. Smooth as silk now.
    What I don't like about it is the mag release needs to be to the inside next to my cheek to keep from releasing.
    It eventually prints my Wranglers pocket and after a few months will wear a hole in the pocket. It's EDC back up so I can put up with a small gun.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I had the same issue with my Ruger printing and putting a hole in my jeans so I bought a thin pocket calendar (early palm pilot :D) and put that to the outside of my pocket. Works like a charm! And, I can now keep better account of my appointments! :): :): :):
    Just something for you to think about.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    What I don't like about it is the mag release needs to be to the inside next to my cheek to keep from releasing.
    It eventually prints my Wranglers pocket and after a few months will wear a hole in the pocket. It's EDC back up so I can put up with a small gun.

What kind of holster are you using? I like the Desantis Superfly for my LCP which makes it print more like a wallet and likely would solve the mag release problem, but there are other good options out there.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Im with the SW Bodyguard. I really like my Bersa as well, but it is larger. No major issues with my Bodyguard and easy to conceal. Only issue I have is its a little difficult to load a fully loaded mag.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I love my Bersa cc 380. Probably have put 600 rounds thru it with no problems. I can carry it @ the 4 oclock position with a inside the pants holster. Just keep my shirt un--tucked and you can't tell I am carrying.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you have deep pockets (figuratively), then the Sig P238 is very nice since it does not require deep pockets (literally) to carry. If you have deep pockets (literally), then the Bersa 380CC can be a good option because it does not require deep pockets (figuratively) to buy. :)

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    my ol lady carries a keltec 380, not sure as to which model but it is very small. my pinky and ring finger basically hang off the end of the magazine. BUT i was able to shoot it very accurately at point blank to 15ish yards. my opinion, if your looking for a very small easily concealable pocket pistol, the keltec is a good way to go

Top Bottom