• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    KEL TEC,RUGER,TAURUS 380 whitch do you prefer. i need a gun that i can put in my pocket and can't be seen. would like to carry my Glock but need to be concelled. not a skinny guy and do not like anything on the inside of belt. pocket gun or maybe a darenger. Thanks Eddie :rockwoot:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BE SAFE :twocents: DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I shot a Sig P238 a couple of days ago. It was very, very nice. I haven't shot a lot of pocket guns, so this is not a comparison, just a reaction.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The Bersa 380 is a solid and inexpensive pistol, but it only fits the largest pockets.

The Ruger 380 would be my choice of the ones you listed, though the Kahr 380 and Sig 238 are worth considering if you can afford more.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The Sig P238 is easiest of your choices to shoot well, but it is heavier as well. As far as a light pocket-carry gun goes, I would choose the LCP. I own both, and would prefer to carry the P238, but the LCP seems to find its way into my carry routine more often, due to its lighter and smaller characteristics.

deadmanslcplarge.jpg

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    You may also want to consider a wheel gun. We have a S&W 442 38 special that makes for a great pocket gun. The hammerless design allows for fast removal because there is no chance for the hammer to get hung up on the lining of your pocket. If all this is to you is a "Sunday gun" then it could be just what you are looking for. :twocents:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Just remember, lighter weight is not always the golden mantra. Does it naturally fit your hand when you grab the gun, and how is the point of aim for you?
    It will probably be a last second gun that you will reach for in adrenalin filled fear/desperation.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Smith-Wesson-BODYGUARD-380-Pistol-Revolver.jpg

My deep cover pistol is the S&W BodyGuard 380. It goes everywhere with me. It has sights that are far superior to that of the Ruger and KelTecs and a built in laser. They are even marketing after-market night sights with dove tails for the 380. I do not really use the laser but it is a nice training aid.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    can't comment on the others but i carry a Ruger LCP as my pocket gun and couldn't be happier. It fits my front or back pocket with a soft pocket holster and doesn't print at all. nice little pocket pistol

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Of the 3 you listed I think the LCP would be a good choice. I have a KelTec P32 that I have had for 6 years now and love it. I have shot the p3at a few times, but prefer the p32. The LCP is a little smoother around the edges in my opinion and was designed around the .380 cartridge. I have had zero issues with my p32 from KT, but I have heard the .380 kind of beats up the p3at a bit so I think maybe the LCP might last longer and be better in the long run.

I have seen a few issues with the TCP as far as FTF issues. It also seems to have some sharp edges to me compared to the other two. They feel pretty good in my hand and seem well built, but have just heard a few too many issues.

While I do love my p32 and still carry it plenty, I have also added a s&w 442 airwight to my collection for pocket carry as well. I really love this revolver and it pocket carries great. Really nice shooter and packs a little more punch. It obviously isn't as flat as the semiautos, but still works great for pocket carry.

Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I just bought a Ruger LCP and I am thrilled by it. I haven't pocket carried it yet, but my ankle holster is very comfortable. It has become my BUG. I don't think revolvers would work for me as a pocket gun, as some have suggested. I am fit and athletic and I think it would show through my clothes. I am considering a pocket holster for the back pocket, but because I carry the Glock in the Crossbreed at 5 o'clock position, I will probably not be able to back-pocket carry and IWB at the same time.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I carry the Ruger LCP daily and I love it. I will admit tho, it is not what I want to shoot everyday or shoot a lot with at the range. BUT!, it does shoot VERY VERY accurately at 15 yards. And for a daily carry weapon/BUG, accuracy is probably the key.
    I like shooting my other guns better and will occasionally carry one if I feel the need but for everyday carry, I like my Ruger. I also have an ankle holster for dress clothes carry. Fobus makes a good one.
    Good luck!

I'm told the Kel-Tec is also a good gun. I just kinda like Ruger.:rolleyes:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have a Kel-tec and LCP w/CT laser. Both great pocket guns that go off every time. Ruger finished a bit better and if you disassemble both, Ruger also has the more robust internals. The Keltec is lighter and smaller. I like both.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Smith-Wesson-BODYGUARD-380-Pistol-Revolver.jpg

My deep cover pistol is the S&W BodyGuard 380. It goes everywhere with me. It has sights that are far superior to that of the Ruger and KelTecs and a built in laser. They are even marketing after-market night sights with dove tails for the 380. I do not really use the laser but it is a nice training aid.

+1
    I had a P3AT....no complaints - but sold it and got the .380 Bodyguard. I am very impressed with this for deep cover. It is extremely accurate and reliable.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I have the Kel Tec P3AT and love it. My neighbor is an officer and carried one as a back-up. I figured if a cop trusts it, I can too. I've had zero issues with mine. I carry it everywhere. Basically a LCP for less money. Good luck in your search!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    KEL TEC,RUGER,TAURUS 380 whitch do you prefer. i need a gun that i can put in my pocket and can't be seen. would like to carry my Glock but need to be concelled. not a skinny guy and do not like anything on the inside of belt. pocket gun or maybe a darenger. Thanks Eddie :rockwoot:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BE SAFE :twocents: DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE
    Well, I have two of the three you listed, had the third and got rid of it due to issues that could not seemed to be resolved by the Taurus factory.

My Choice in order of preference:
    1. Ruger LCP
    2. P3AT Kel Tec
    3. Taurus PT380

JMHO.

Top Bottom