• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Do they pay you? If so, I need to talk to HR, I am gettin ripped off.
    :dunno:

They should be paying you with all the great firearm knowledge you've been teaching us like...

shoelaces and implements of death are two different things.

For those of you who think a shoelace is the same as a pistol, your 3 year old has shoelaces, I doubt you would leave them alone in a room with a pistol. To make any argument that both are just as deadly as the other is... not worth commenting on.

A gun is not a shoelace. It deserves respect, a proper holster, and training for its use. Not mandated by the government as some have tried to spin my comments, but because you are a THINKING human being who realizes his responsibility to those around him!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a gun is never a shoelace.

:orly:

!*! NEWSFLASH !*! No one here thinks a shoelace is a firearm.

I mimicked the original story with one about a shoelace because,

1. An untied shoelace looks sloppy
    2. An untied shoelace is floppy
    3. Shoelaces, like other inanimate objects, can be dangerous if misused, especially if untied
    4. It wasn't my shoe, it wasn't his gun
    5. We both minded out own business and didn't harass someone for "sloppy" something.

THE END.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They should be paying you with all the great firearm knowledge you've been teaching us like...

:orly:

!*! NEWSFLASH !*! No one here thinks a shoelace is a firearm.

I mimicked the original story with one about a shoelace because,

1. An untied shoelace looks sloppy
    2. An untied shoelace is floppy
    3. Shoelaces, like other inanimate objects, can be dangerous if misused, especially if untied
    4. It wasn't my shoe, it wasn't his gun
    5. We both minded out own business and didn't harass someone for "sloppy" something.

THE END.

Blah, blah, blah...

...I'm with Dom.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i really want to take a harder look at the shoelace. what if i take my shoelace out and tie a padlock to the end of it. its still not a gun obviously, BUT, i could beat you to death with it.

so now an untied shoelace is at least similar to the aforementioned holstered gun because:

both look sloppy
    neither is particularly dangerous in its current capacity
    both will end your life if deployed properly

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i know of a guy that can beat a drawn, aimed pistol with the draw. he shoots steel targets too, so dont you dare question him.

:D I do that too, so bring him, biatch.:yesway:

We'll be shooting steel at Riley 05.07.11. You get there, I'll spring for both of your match fee's.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    hes actually a member here. im fairly certain hes got me blocked, so i dont think i can contact him though.

Don't worry about it, do what you can. My offer still stands, with or without him. Come on down, we'll have fun. First trip is on me.

Serious offer and forget about the trash talk. We all will have fun. That is what it's about. Really!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just because I can't resist being a smarta$$ this morning.....

Does anyone have suggestions on the brand/model of safe I should use to store my shoelaces in? :D

Now, to a more serious matter:

I don't agree with the attitude of "my job is only (name your specific)"
    Good Customer Service isn't always letting the customer walk out with what they 'want'. Sometimes the customer thinks they know what they want but in reality they've made a decision based on bad advice and information.

An example: My Fiance', (prior to us meeting) went to a local shop to purchase her first handgun. Being a complete noob and having absolutely no knowledge of firearms, she relied on the advice of people who merely quoted the latest BS that had been floating around and purchased a handgun that she fired once and was scared :poop:less by it. The person at the behind the counter made no attempt to ask questions, made no attempt to fit her with a handgun that was more suited to her, just stood back and overcharged her for something that was actually useless to her. :xmad: I'll not mention the shop as it's not my intention to point fingers.

My point is that and good, knowlegable salesperson should take the time to talk with a prospective customer, find out what he/she needs and offer viable suggestions. This is especially pertainent to firearms and gear. Sometimes a customer needs to be taught. A good salesperson can do this in such a way that the customer learns without knowing it. We are all ambassaders of safety. The first obvious benefit to this is, the Customer not only walks out pleased, but also more informed and safe. Another is, That Customer will remember the service he/she received and will return and even tell others about the good experiance.

I've seen thread upon thread slamming the guys at Gander and some of the other big box sporting goods outlets for their apparent ingorance and incompetance. Dom, I hate to say it, but to stand back as you said you did, with the "it's not my job" attitude isn't much better. :ranton:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I don't agree with the attitude of "my job is only (name your specific)" Good Customer Service isn't always letting the customer walk out with what they 'want'. Sometimes the customer thinks they know what they want but in reality they've made a decision based on bad advice and information.

My point is that and good, knowlegable salesperson should take the time to talk with a prospective customer, find out what he/she needs and offer viable suggestions. This is especially pertainent to firearms and gear. Sometimes a customer needs to be taught. A good salesperson can do this in such a way that the customer learns without knowing it. We are all ambassaders of safety. The first obvious benefit to this is, the Customer not only walks out pleased, but also more informed and safe. Another is, That Customer will remember the service he/she received and will return and even tell others about the good experiance.

I've seen thread upon thread slamming the guys at Gander and some of the other big box sporting goods outlets for their apparent ingorance and incompetance. Dom, I hate to say it, but to stand back as you said you did, with the "it's not my job" attitude isn't much better. :ranton:

Ding ding ding...we have a winner :D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So did you make any effort to educate him on his man failures? You could have at least offered to take him shopping next time he needs a new outfit.:dunno:

WTF was I thinking?:dunno:
    ROTFL, what is "man failures"? ROTFL, I was gonna fix it but it's just too funny.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    +1 DOM. A gun is never a shoelace.

But a shoelace can sometimes be a machinegun.

I remember seeing that before. :n00b:

On another note: You could choke someone to death with a shoelace.

Shoelaces should be banned........... velcro is much safer.

(This message brought to you by the velcro institute.)

Top Bottom