• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    What options do I have for a sling on my AR?

FWIW, I have a Magpul CTR stock and a rail on the front. Not sure on options of one point, two point, etc. Budget friendly, please.

Pictures and links are a huge bonus...

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I have a 2/1 point sling from SOE. IMO it works really well for $60. They also sell QD attachments for the sling which will attach directly to your CTR stock and then you can buy an attachment to put a QD point on your rail. Link here There are various options with a 2/1 point sling. (watch the video in the link under the description)

Also, I have heard good things about the Magpul and Blueforce gear slings but I don't have any experience with them.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I like the Magpul MS3 setup. Google it for images. I tried to find you a decent video but quality of content is subjective. You can get into one with a Magpul ASAP for less than $60.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only sling I run on an AR anymore is an Urban E.R.T. It's the most comfortable I've found, plus I really like supporting Indiana business when I can. Mine's the E-RUSH model so it converts from single to 2-point, and is setup for QD mounts.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    You'll get 100 differnt opinions on slings, or more.

My experience is very far from deep, but I prefer padded, wide and 2 point. Single point slings with hardware slapping your junk are not much fun IMHO. Never had a 3 point, but don't see any advantage to getting that complicated. I like my VTACs but love my VCAS', especially the one with sewn-in QD.

Weapon Slings : Vickers Push Button Slings
    Padded with QD gets pricy $80+, but sometimes you can find them on sale and with cheap or free shipping. "Budget friendly" can mean about anything under the sun, unless you spill the greenback figure.

I'd like to try that Urban ERT. Positve wrap on the butt and HK hook at the handguard, like my VTACs on magpul handguards. Looks very wide and pretty comfortable, even if non-padded.
    URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, custom weapon slings

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Add another for the Urban ERT! I run mine with a QD on the rear with the Noveske end plate, and an HK hook on the front with a Magpul RSA, I can go from two point to single point quickly with this setup.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    The only sling I run on an AR anymore is an Urban E.R.T. It's the most comfortable I've found, plus I really like supporting Indiana business when I can. Mine's the E-RUSH model so it converts from single to 2-point, and is setup for QD mounts.

+8 for Urban E.R.T. I have them for every long gun I own. They are a smidge long for my smallish build but that is an easy fix. Plus what other sling manufacturer will accept junk silver @ daily value as payment?

glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    +1 for the Urban ERT sling. I've had one for years. Great product and good customer service. Local company too.
    They are in fact a bit large for small frame guys. I sent it back to them and they shortened it for me, no charge. Very happy

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    On my AR-15 rifle, I have a 3-point sling similar to the one I was issued, though I forget which brand or where I ordered it.

On my AR pistol (build still in progress), I figure that its shorter length will make the 3-point less ideal, so I'm going to use a MAGPUL MS4 and use a Noveske endplate with a MAGPUL rail-mounted QD point. Full disclosure: I haven't actually tried any of these out yet, but I've seen lots of people sharing good experiences with them.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I made my own two-to-one-point sling from paracord,2 HK hooks,and a 1" ring from the chain section at Rural King.

Be prepared for fatigue,blisters,and the use of swear words that never existed until you uttered them aloud in frustration.

Best to get a 100' length of cord(you probably won't use it all,but I've never heard anyone say " Damn,I've got too much paracord"),which can be had for ~$7,the ring is <$1,and the hooks can be pulled from just about anywhere.How's that for budget friendly?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I made my own two-to-one-point sling from paracord,2 HK hooks,and a 1" ring from the chain section at Rural King.

Be prepared for fatigue,blisters,and the use of swear words that never existed until you uttered them aloud in frustration.

Best to get a 100' length of cord(you probably won't use it all,but I've never heard anyone say " Damn,I've got too much paracord"),which can be had for ~$7,the ring is <$1,and the hooks can be pulled from just about anywhere.How's that for budget friendly?

Nice! I thought about doing a para cord one, too, but my laziness got me. How long did it take you? What braid did you use? I went a little crazy with the para cord hobby last year and got a ton of colors in 100' length and then once learned how to do it, I only did like 2 bracelets, a keychain thing, and made a watch band, and just never got around to the dog leash, belt, or rifle slings I had planned to do I. I do get a lot of comments about the watch band though.

Top Bottom