• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I have a newer Marlin 60 tube-fed .22 rifle. I was gifted these Uncle Mike's Sling attachments. I installed the stock portion just fine and went to attach the ring for the tube. Got it on but it slides due to the ring being slightly too big. Obviously this is an issue since it should be stationary once tightened. It just slides right up and down the tube. I even clamped it down and tightened like the manual suggests but the stupid thing keeps sliding. I've researched and haven't found a tube-fed sling base ring that is slightly smaller than the one I purchased or anyone having a similar issue to mine. I don't want to install a base in the forend due to the wood not being thick enough, which would lead to screwing the base right into the tube.

How can I prevent the sliding? Is there another product that fits a Marlin 60 better? Help needed.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    1)Take the sling mount off.

2)Wrap some thread or floss or tape around the magazine tube where you want the sling mount to stay.

3)Replace the sling mount to cover the thread/tape and tighten it down. It should fit snugly.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    1)Take the sling mount off.

2)Wrap some thread or floss or tape around the magazine tube where you want the sling mount to stay.

3)Replace the sling mount to cover the thread/tape and tighten it down. It should fit snugly.

That's why I came here, this is a great idea. Thank you, sir! I would rep but I can't (or I don't know how).

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Do you not have another option of mounting a sling beyond the magazine tube? Mine is on the metal in front of the stock before the tube and barrel (its a lever action marlin) works fine and I've never had any trouble. I however, did not do this myself and bought it as so.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    No, not really. All-wood stock and forend. I could mount it on the forend and drill a hole, like on the butt, but the wood is much thinner up front and the base screw would have to be pretty short. Just don't feel comfortable mounting it to the wood. I like Big Matt's idea, I will test it out when I get home. Some thin electrical tape under the ring should do the trick and blend in as well.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Those usually come with a small rectangle of white flexible plastic to serve as a gasket but it looks like BigMatt got you fixed up, I'll rep him for ya!:ingo:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Better yet, take some electrical tape and layer up the inside of the mount halves and trim away all excess and it will be completely invisible.

Top Bottom