• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    A friend at work said he bought a slide fire kit and he plans on selling it because he doesn't know how it works and just got it for a good deal, I looked up youtube vids and found that these things are awesome and I want one, I just don't know how they aren't illegal or atleast a nfa item, maybe they are im not even sure just hoping for some basic info on them.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I was going to link a couple of articles where they have been discussed before here for you but there are 2 pages of threads related to these. The search function with "Slide Fire" in the search titles only box will get you the goods. Personally, I have shot them. Waste of money both on the stock and ammo. Difficult to control accurately and they just burn through ammo and at $.50-$1.00/round, they could break the bank pretty quickly.

BTW. They are legal not an NFA item. They basically are a tool that facilitates bump fire.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I just don't know how they aren't illegal or atleast a nfa item

Because ultimately it's still: 1 trigger pull = 1 shot fired.
    Just very very quickly.
    It would be a different story if it was: 1 trigger pull held = multiple shots fired. That's full auto and is thoroughly regulated (but not illegal as a lot of folks think).
    All Slide Fire is creating is the bumping of the trigger at the instance of reset.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    $300 for a slide fire. $100 for ammo before you're tired of it.

Why not just get a set of Big O tires and do some burnouts?

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    Hmm ok thanks, still seems as tho they would be fun, are they only made for ar15s? Thats the only ones I've seen on youtube.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Save your money & invest almost the same amount as the slide-fire into a light weight short pull trigger this will help you do two things.
    It will let you do a true bump fire from a rest when you have the ammo to do so. From a rest you will be more accurate & will hit what you are aiming at.
    And it will vastly improve your long range shooting so you won't be doing those "lob one in type" shots there is a good chance you will save ammo.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I think they are a lot of fun. True you can burn a lot of money if using 5.56. But you can put them on a 15-22 with a different trigger and blast away pretty cheap. If you can find .22 cheap anymore. Fort Wayne gun show yesterday a guy was selling 550 box of golden for $50. CRAZY

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Stock was a very good way to turn money into noise. Way cool with an RPM rate very comparable to a F/A lower. If you have the $ available to feed it go for it. I had no trouble putting 3 rd bursts on man sized steel at 100 yds first time I shot it. I think with practice and concentration one could be very accurate with up to 5-7 round bursts. My motto is "Hit it the first time and you don't usually need the second round."

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It's a fun toy if you can afford to feed it. I don't know why people above couldn't hit anything with it. It's pretty accurate IMO. I could also make >75% hits on a man sized Bobcat steel at 50+ yards.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    It's a fun toy if you can afford to feed it. I don't know why people above couldn't hit anything with it. It's pretty accurate IMO. I could also make >75% hits on a man sized Bobcat steel at 50+ yards.

Agreed...I have a couple. They're fun allthough they do seem a little less fun now that reloading componets are so much harder to find.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Warning, video contains F-bomb.

We have a big shootin' fest a couple times a year. My old 1st gen SlideFire on my lower. A buddy burning up his ammo and upper (this is the way to do it LOL).
    [ame]http://youtu.be/7gO2cfaOqxc[/ame]

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Took about 60 rounds to figure it out, fun for about 30 minutes. After the videos and the laughs I took it back to my buddy. Very hard for us to control

This is exactly what I am talking about, you can fire fast but no control.
    If you spend about the same amount of dollars for a light weight short pull trigger. You will be able to sit the gun on a rest or bi-pod & do a 3 to 5 round bump. And you will be able to control it enough to hit out to 200 to 300 yds. bumping.
    A cheap way to bump is to change your upper to 5.45x39 it is a lot cheaper ammo so you are not dumping the $$ into bumping.

a4wpqe.jpg

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    A slide fire stocks aren't NFA items just like a rubber band isnt an NFA item. Save the money and learn the rubber band technique. Get it out of your system and then move on. These are typically fun for people who like to shoot bodies of water. You're responsible for each and every round that comes out of your barrel. These up your liability and do nothing for practicing actual marksmanship. Slow is fast.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5XzQ1BS7gU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom