Slickguns.com vs Gunbroker.com -- whats difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    What is the difference between the two sites?

I have look at guns on both sites but not sure which would be the best route when buying a gun. Looking to buy a Glock 19.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Gunbroker is the eBay of guns. You purchase the firearm from the seller through gunbroker. Slickguns lists the prices of a gun from all the dealers they care to find. This way you can see/compare prices on one site. You then go to the dealers sight and purchase directly from them. Also, there will be no private sellers on slickguns.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Gunbroker is the eBay of guns. You purchase the firearm from the seller through gunbroker. Slickguns lists the prices of a gun from all the dealers they care to find. This way you can see/compare prices on one site. You then go to the dealers sight and purchase directly from them. Also, there will be no private sellers on slickguns.

So you say Slickguns better site for new gun purchases?

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Not better just totally different format. Slickguns is like a circular or an ad site. Gunbroker is a personal listing of individual items for the most part. On gunbroker you will see that actual item you are buying so in that sense it may be better. Slickguns may have better prices or at least set prices vs the auction style of gunbroker.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Slickguns seems more like EBay or Amazon,Gunbroker is more of a auction with a up charge to buy now. Buds looks like real time prices.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Aren't the deals posted on slickguns posted by users as well as the companies themselves?

Yes.

Slickguns is not a retailer. Its a user generated advertisement page. Any registered user can post a "deal" and then the community votes it up or down.

Gunbroker is ebay for guns, only smarter. If there's a bid in the last 15 minutes, it adds another 15 minutes to the auction so there's no last minute sniping. I routinely watch guns on there so I have an idea of what things actually sell for before I list anything for sale or buy anything locally (used).

Top Bottom