• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    It's pretty common knowledge that our CLEO won't sign off on nfa items, and it's not worth it to me to set up a trust.

Why is it not worth it to you, when it appears you have children and grandchildren. A trust leaves no guessing about procedures or unanswered questions upon your demise. Yes, it gets you around the CLEO signoff, as well as photo/prints, but the real benefit is making it easier on your family.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this goes through, how can one NOT name Obama the most gun "friendly" president in the last 50 years?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Why is it not worth it to you, when it appears you have children and grandchildren. A trust leaves no guessing about procedures or unanswered questions upon your demise. Yes, it gets you around the CLEO signoff, as well as photo/prints, but the real benefit is making it easier on your family.
    Because I am not sure that I will remain in Indiana and want to make sure I'm set before dealing with nfa items in a trust.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Because I am not sure that I will remain in Indiana and want to make sure I'm set before dealing with nfa items in a trust.

this is the biggest reason i did not do a trust. every state has diffrent trust laws. but no one ever seems to bring it up. i full expect to move a few times in my life

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    This is a good start, but speeding up turn around time would be a lot better. Again at least someone is looking to make changes in the NFA process.

The form 4 I got back this month took just a few days over 6 months and I sent another in February.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If this goes through, how can one NOT name Obama the most gun "friendly" president in the last 50 years?

Because ATF/DOJ's real goal is not to ease the burden of acquiring NFA stuff but to curtail the use of trusts or add more red tape to using them. Trusts scare the ATF so the individual route is the lesser of two evils to them. I read on ar15.com from a trusted source that the ATF wants prints and background checks from all trustees in a trust. This may not end up being a net-gain for NFA owners.

Also, guns in parks and on Amtrak were shoved into other bills that Obama wanted passed. He's not exactly a 2A crusader. He appointed Andrew Traver (major anti-gun) to head ATF, blocked imports of M1 Carbines, appointed anti-gun Supreme Court justices (see McDonald vs. Chicago) and has publically called for AWB renewal. I think his immediate predecessor has a much better track record

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom