• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Good cheap fun, when I first got mine I didn't think that 10rds was enough capacity wise, but after firing it, those 10 rounds seemed to last forever especially when in the prone position. I did however lose my grenade launcher for my Yugo SKS to a corn field the first time I fired it.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    The SKS (chinese) was my first rifle purchase after some serious research online. I went the SKS route because there are several "tacticool" upgrades (look up sgworks bullpup stock kit), but you still have a working firearm without any upgrades.

I tested some steel cased cheap russian ammo a few weeks ago and shot a quarter-sized group with iron sights at 25 yards. Many would say that the 10 round magazine is limiting, but I like the profile it gives the gun (no magazine jutting out). I also like that I can have thousands of rounds of ammo on stripper clips ready to go without having to worry about removable magazines. One side benefit is that you spend no time loading magazines at the range.

I plan to bubba my first SKS with the sgworks bullpup stock kit, and I want to buy another one in better condition to keep stock. They are great guns and are worth every penny IMHO.

Top Bottom