• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    For the love of everything Holy, is there anyone in my area willing to show me how to field strip this sks?? Pictures on my profile. I figured out some of it...but am still having issues. Thanks in advance.

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    Have you tried Youtube or google video? I saw a couple good ones when I got mine. JUst a thought.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Gah!! I just sent you some YouTubes I found - they're in your inbox, but I didn't see your pics to see if it was the same.
    Guess I should have...
    Hope they help anyway!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks Annie (and everyone). Those were the videos I used and couldn't get passed the 2 minute mark. Not sure if it's the SKS' problem...or if it's me! lol

I'll post the video so anyone who can help, knows where I am stuck.

Oh and FYI...I'm in the Fort Wayne area if anyone is willing to help.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I have the same model, looks to be a Yugo as far as I can tell from the pic. Removing the pieces on top are fairly easy and you prob found out how to do that from teh vids that Annie sent you. Removing it from the stock is where I've had the most problems on mine. There is a small button at the back of the trigger guard, the dimple in it is meant to be depressed by a 7.62x39 round. But I've never had luck doing it that way with mine. I generally have to use a pair of needlenose visegrips to depress mine enough to get it out of the stock. I've tried screwdrivers and everything else, that's the only thing that seems to work for me. Any more questions just ask.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I have the same model, looks to be a Yugo as far as I can tell from the pic. Removing the pieces on top are fairly easy and you prob found out how to do that from teh vids that Annie sent you. Removing it from the stock is where I've had the most problems on mine. There is a small button at the back of the trigger guard, the dimple in it is meant to be depressed by a 7.62x39 round. But I've never had luck doing it that way with mine. I generally have to use a pair of needlenose visegrips to depress mine enough to get it out of the stock. I've tried screwdrivers and everything else, that's the only thing that seems to work for me. Any more questions just ask.

I was told it's a chinese....but I have no clue. It was obvious the guy didn't know much about it, nor do I. It shoots nice though, but Now I'm trying like mad to clean it.

Here is the vid I used, to no avail and got stuck at the 2 minute mark.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_Kdn3JQDQ]YouTube - SKS Disassembly and cleaning - part 1 of 2[/ame]

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My printer is futz'd up, or I'd offer to print that off so we could mess around with it tomorrow.
    Are you still bringing it?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My printer is jacked too. Maybe I'll stop at the library? Yeah, I plan to bring it. If I don't get it apart tonight though,I wont be shooting it. I don't want to shoot it if I can't clean it!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S. Let me know what you want to shoot so I know what to pack up.
    That includes Trap, if you want.
    I've also got the targets/stand/etc., so don't worry about that.
    If you need eyes & ears, lemme know so I can stick extra stuff in my bag, too.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    OK...That step by step GDH posted worked GREAT. It is completely and fully disassembled. Now for cleaning it.....There is a piece hooked to the gas cylinder that I'm pretty sure the guy said was a cleaning rod. But even after disassembling, I can't seem to get that rod out. Answers??

Thanks to EVERYONE. Now that I can clean this bad boy, I'm taking it out tomorrow with Annie. It's going to be a good time had by all.

Top Bottom