• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think I will eventually end up with both a skid steer and a tractor. If I get a skid, I won't be as worried about getting 4wd for the tractor as it's main purpose will be to mow and possibly till. I can get a decent sized older tractor for under $10k. I hope to keep the skid steer between $15-20k by buying a used one. I'm thinking I'm going to try and get a tracked skid steer. Anyone have any ideas on how long a set of tracks will last on a skid steer? It's all pretty flat ground and running over stumps should be minimal as I plan to dig out stumps as I go.

As far as dealers go, I've seen Ward's ad in the Indiana Auto and RV. Do any of you guys know anything about them? They are in Greensburg. I think I will try to negotiate a set of new tracks in with it plus delivery when I decide to buy one. Something like this one would be nice. Skid Steers

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think I would buy a back-hoe it has the ability to everything a skid and a tractor will do.

I've thought about that as well but the maneuverability throws that out of the window. I want to be able to move around without knocking everything over.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, I finally bought something. I was torn between a skid steer and a tractor and found this amazing deal.
    John Deere 4120 Like new condition :eBay Motors (item 180404231957 end time Sep-09-09 10:01:19 PDT)

I got all of this:
    2005 John Deere 4120 with 270 hours
    400CX quick detach loader with heavy duty bucket
    448 backhoe attachment with 12" and 24" buckets
    48" pallet fork attachment that fits on the loader
    6' power angle snow plow that fits on the loader
    7' rear blade
    6' box scraper
    72" Walco Douglas finish mower
    I Match quick hitch
    83" x 20' Load Trail 14000# car hauler with spring loaded ramps and dual brake axles.

I think that about covers it. I got all of this delivered to my house for less than what the tractor and loader lists for new. The backhoe attachment alone is almost $10k. Altogether, this package new would be over $50k at list price.

You don't know how hard it was to resist the urge to dig a giant hole in the yard!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mine, all mine!:shoot::starwars::biggun::evilangel:

Sad thing is I just paid more for that than what my car, truck, and Harley are worth.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom